Sunday, July 24, 2016

Paper Pumpkin July 2016 Alternatives - Christmas cards



I must admit that the weird "jewel" looking boxes in this month's Paper Pumpkin kit did not appeal to me, as far as boxes go.  I love a good box!  Just not that thrilled with these wonky shaped boxes.  There were 4 small and 4 larger size gem boxes.  I cut up 1 of each size - cut all the triangle pieces out to make "trees".

Out of 2 boxes, I got enough triangles to make 6 Christmas cards with TREES!  Yeah, they're triangle trees, but that's okay with me. 

I sponged the Emerald Envy ink on some of them.  The boxes themselves are a sturdy, coated white cardboard with COPPER embossed bits on them.  I LOVE the copper!  I'm also glad that I found a 1/2 sheet of some shiny copper cardstock that Stampin' Up carried years ago.  Out of that 1/2 sheet, I cut it down to layer 2 cards, and then cut out the middle to punch small stars, cut tree trunks, and get 2 scalloped ovals punched out.

Did some embossing with copper embossing powder.  A little embossing folder action (Gently Falling, and Woodland).  Used some of the Emerald Envy thick baker's twine that came in the Paper Pumpkin. 

I will say this - even though I don't like the boxes very much, all the bits and pieces are awesome.  There is no Baker's Twine in Emerald Envy and Flirty Flamingo in the catalog, but now I've got a bunch to use, so that makes me happy!

Other than the July 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit, this is what you'll need to create these:

Stamps:  Oh What Fun!, Happy Scenes (retired)
Ink:  Emerald Envy
Paper:  Whisper White, Emerald Envy, Copper (retired)
Other:  Big Shot, Gently Falling and Woodland embossing folders, tiny Star punch (retired, must have been from a 3-pack), Copper embossing powder, Heat gun, Embossing Buddy, Large & Scallop Oval punches (retired), Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Order your supplies on-line here.

Happy Stamping!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment