Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bloggers Challenge - Color Combo



This week's challenge was to use a combination of colors - Purely Pomegranate, Brilliant Blue, and Old Olive. Unfortunately, I don't have the Pomegranate...so I substituted with the closest color in my stash. I used Rose Red, Brilliant Blue, and Old Olive. I really like them together!

For my interest piece on this card, I used my brand new Photo Corners Punch from Stampin' Up. I punched it three times all in a row...I just eyeballed it, and got it darn close to perfect. I started out with a big-ish strip of Rose Red, pushed the punch all the way up as far as it goes, punched it, then moved to the left a little and punched again. Keeping the cardstock pushed all the way in to the bottom of the punch keeps it even. The only trick is eyeballing it as you move over to punch the next one. After I did that, I trimmed it, and cut a piece of white to go behind it. That's just one strip of white cardstock, not 3 separate blocks. I just stamped where I thought the images would line up to show through, and it worked out.

I also gave texture to my Old Olive layer with the Direct-to-paper technique. I just rub the ink pad directly on the cardstock. Sometimes I use a circle motion. Sometimes I just go back and forth. I love the look it gives! Easy background with minimal work.

Stamps: True Friend

Cardstock: Rose Red, Brilliant Blue, Old Olive, Whisper White

Ink: Brilliant Blue, Old Olive, Versamark

Other: Photo Corners Punch, Winter White embossing powder, Heat tool, Embossing buddy, Bold Brights eyelets, Earth Elements eyelets, eyelet setting kit

11 comments:

  1. Great card! Love how you used the punches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love they way you did this challenge! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how your card turned out! Great job with the challege! I've used my photo corner punch just a couple times, for corners, but now I can see its good for much more than that! Very creative!

    Anita Van Hal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the rose red looks great...way to substitute! Love your layout design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card. Very creative use of the punches. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni, that's a great card. I love how you did the little squares!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique way to use the photo corner punch. Nice job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative Toni. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice way to meet the challenge and use your new punch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I love your use of the punch! Very creative

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat way to use the photo corner punch!

    ReplyDelete