Saturday, August 1, 2026

Friends of Unity August 2026 Blog Hop - Grunge!

 

Welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog Hop for August 2026!  Side note - can you believe it's August already???  Our theme this month is Grunge. Grunge can mean whatever you want it to mean - if you take our "cue" photo above literally, it looks like some rusty bits on a piece of metal.  

If you ask Google "what does grunge mean in card making?", this is what it says: In card making, grunge means an intentional worn, weathered, and distressed style that uses textures like ink smudges, torn edges, and aged finishes to make a project look antique, industrial, or heavily handled.      You know I LOVE torn edges, but for my grunge-y card, I went with a background stamp with lots of ink blending to make it look distressed.

I also added a little bit of interest by making it an off-center gate-fold.  Score 1" from that right edge, and then fold the other edge in so they meet.  If I had scored 1" on the right side, and 3 1/4" on the left side, it would have very likely left a slight gap, and you would see the white layer that I've got inside.


Paper Measurements:
  • Basic Black:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 1" on one side, then fold the other side in
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Stamp background image first, THEN trim down to 5 3/8" tall.  Then cut your two pieces, so the images line up.  You want 3 1/8" x 5 3/8" for the left panel, and 7/8" x 5 3/8" for the right panel.
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp and hand-cut greeting
  • Basic Black:  scrap to layer greeting
I did my ink-blending after I trimmed the stamped pieces.  Just hold them together so the flowers/images line up, and then ink blend.   I went in on the smallest leaves with a marker.

Finished off with a few Vintage Pearls.

Here's a list of everything I used:

Stamps: Newsprint Floral Greetings (Unity Stamp Co)
Ink:  Darling Duckling, Timid Tiger, Old Olive, Gray Granite, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Basic White, Basic Black
Other:  Vintage Pearls

You probably got here from Von Marie's project.  Your next stop will be to Jenni's site!  Please hop through everyone's blogs when you have some time.

Thanks for hopping along with us!  If you comment as Anonymous, please leave your name so we know who leaves some love.  


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!  

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*Check it out!* Toni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #friendsofunity #august2026bloghop #grunge

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Toni! I love your fab grungy background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo gorgeous. I love that you asked google. This card is perfect I love torn edges too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my… a gate-fold card… love it! Such a beautiful grungy card!

    ReplyDelete