Sunday, October 27, 2024

Sentimental Christmas Flip Album featuring Graphic 45 Tags


Happy Sunday Friends!  I hope you've had a great weekend.  I really enjoyed making this little Flip Book on Thursday night.  The Graphic 45 Square Tags serve as nice focal points, AND they are pockets on the back side.  More room to tuck in tags, photo booklets or ephemera.  I did no decorating during the Live, because I wanted to focus on making the base of the album for you.  

I ended up going to the Joyful Images and Tags for the Season Ephemera packs to add a little bit to the cover.  My plan is to die-cut some numbers for the year and add under "Christmas".  I have no idea which Christmas pictures I'll be adding to this mini flip book.  It's going to hold plenty of photos and journaling areas.

Finished size of this particular Flip Album is 9 1/2" x 5 1/2".   The original idea came from Kim Kan't Stop Krafting (she's one of the designers for Country Craft Creations), but I had to change up the measurements to get the most out of my designer series papers.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously. 

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


You'll definitely need to watch the video to see how to make the album base.  You won't believe how easy it is.  Most of the time is spent covering the pages with designer series paper, and making your tags/pockets.

I'm going to give you all of the measurements first, then include a few pictures of the inside.  

Remember, I'm using the Graphic 45 Square Tags on this project.  I also have the die set that cuts out the layered piece to cover the tags.   You can make your own tags using ANY die set that you have, that fits on the pages.  I wasn't perfectly happy with the dies I have, so I used the Graphic45 tags.

Paper Measurements:
  • Pretty Peacock (for album base):   You'll need (3) sheets to cut all these pieces.  The album is 5 1/2" TALL, so all scoring is on the other side
    • 4" x 5 1/2", scored at 1/2" (on the 4" side)
    • 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 1/2"
    • 7" x 5 1/2", scored at 1/2" (on the 7" side)
    • 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 1/2" (on the 8 1/2" side)
    • 9 1/2" x 5 1/2",  NO SCORING
  • Sentimental Christmas Designer Series papers - various prints:  Pay attention to pattern direction
    • (2) 3 3/8" x 5 3/8"
    • (2) 4 7/8" x5 3/8"
    • (2) 6 3/8" x 5 3/8"
    • (2) 7 7/8" x 5 3/8"
    • (2) 9 3/8" x 5 3/8"
  • Sentimental Christmas Designer Series Papers:  (4 prints) 4 1/2" x 5", cut with Graphic45 Square Tag die
  • Pretty Peacock and Poppy Parade:  scraps cut with Graphic 45 ATC die, and the Paper Pumpkin Merry Tags & More die.
Inside of the first page - see the tags tucked into the Square Tag pocket.  I also added a strip of Pretty Peacock to the bottom of the page to make another pocket.




A left over strip of this paper made the perfect pocket, the width of the page.  Bonus that it blends in.

The only stamping I did was on the front cover.  You could doll up your cover with whatever die-cuts, stickers, trims, gems, and/or stamps that you have.

Stamps:  Greetings of the Season
Ink:  Pretty Peacock, Poppy Parade, Basic Beige
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Poppy Parade, Sentimental Christmas Designer Series Paper
Other:  Paper Pumpkin Merry Tags & More dies, Joyful Images and Tags for the Season Ephemera Packs, Graphic 45 Square Tags and die, 
Graphic 45 ATC die, Gold ribbon, Poppy Parade 1/2" Woven ribbon, Basic Beige 3/8" Bordered ribbon, Wavy Trim, Pretty Peacock Foiled Gems

I hope you are inspired to make your own Flip Album with this design.  It's such a fun little book!  And quick enough to make the base.  The longest part is always selecting and adding your pictures.

Reminder that I will NOT have a video this Thursday.  It will be Halloween and I need to get home early to hand out the treats that I made for the trick-or-treaters.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEWToni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #sentimentalchristmas #graphic45squaretags #flipalbum #minibook

Gift certificates available!

No comments:

Post a Comment