Sunday, September 8, 2024

September 2024 Virtual Workshop: It's Fall Y'all!


Good evening Crafty Friends!  I'm happy to share my projects from my September Workshop this past Thursday.  I've gone with a Fall theme this month.  I wanted to use as many, if not all, of my "fall" or "leaves" products that I have.  I've included a technique and a fun fold this month.

I always remind everyone during my videos - if you don't have the same exact stamps, colors, or folders that I'm using...switch it up and use what you have!

Check out my Workshop of the Month page for details about this workshop, the ordering special and the online ordering code.   Place your qualifying order and get the Make & Take kit, and/or a pack of gems.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


For the first card, I started with full panels embossed with the Changing Leaves folder.  Rip those down to get three panels, and glue down in what ever order you want.  Be careful when you're ripping a piece of embossed paper.  The fibers are already broken down by the embossing process, and your paper may rip in a direction that you don't want...so be careful.  If you don't like the look of ripped paper, then cut yours with clean lines.  It's up to you!

I'm including the large leaf embossed die-cut in the make & Take kit.  Stamp whatever greeting you want on a scrap of Basic White. 


Paper Measurements:
  • Copper Clay:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Cherry Cobbler:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", embossed with Changing Leaves folder
  • Crushed Curry:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", embossed with Changing Leaves folder
  • Copper Clay:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", embossed with Changing Leaves folder
  • Copper Clay:  large scrap to die-cut and emboss leaf
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp greeting
Finish off with a few Copper Clay gems, and a bow tied from Copper Clay Jute Trim.

Stamps:  Everyday Greetings, Greetings of the Season (both are Online Exclusive sets)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Copper Clay
Paper:  Copper Clay, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Basic White
Other:  Changing Leaves hybrid embossing folder, 2023-2025 In Color Jute Trim, Earth Tones Shimmer Gems, 

The second card is an Easel Card, and I've paired Wild Wheat and Night of Navy together.  Using the Leaf Collection background stamp - I stamped the wrong panel the first time.  Oops.  Kept rolling with it.  If you don't have this background, just stamp random different leaves all over and make your own background.

Gold foil die-cut leaves, but they kind of look like Wild Wheat in this picture.


Paper Measurements:
  • Wild Wheat:  4 1/4" x 11", scored at 2 3/4", 5 1/2"
  • Wild Wheat:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Wild Wheat:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Night of Navy:  2 3/4" x 4"
  • Basic White:  2" x 4"
  • Gold Foil:  enough to die-cut leav es
  • Night of Navy:  scrap to die-cut small circle
  • Basic White:  1 1/4"  circle
Picture of the easel card standing up.  I place my "stopper" about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom.


Also used some of the new Wild Wheat Rustic trim.  I really like it!

Stamps:  Leaf Collection, Simply Said
Ink: Wild Wheat, Night of Navy
Paper:  Wild Wheat, Night of Navy, Basic White, Gold Foil
Other:  Changing Leaves dies, 1 1/4" circle punch, Wild Wheat Rustic trim

On the third card, I used the Rip & Reveal Technique.  You rip a wide strip from the side of your paper and roll it up.    Watch the video to see - I do trim some off before I roll it up.  Otherwise, it's too bulky.  I added embossed leaf die-cuts, but you could add anything you want - butterflies, pumpkins, flowers, anything.  You will emboss your own leaves, if you are getting the Make & Take kit.  Use whatever folders you have.


Paper Measurements:
  • Early Espresso:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Country Woods Designer Series paper:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  3 3/4" x 5"
  • Crumb Cake, Pecan Pie, Basic Beige:  scraps to die-cut leaves
Finished off with some Crumb Cake gems.

Stamps:  Everyday Greetings, Greetings of the Season
Ink:  Pecan Pie
Paper:  Early Espresso, Basic White, Basic Beige, Crumb Cake, Pecan Pie, Country Woods designer series papers
Other:  Earth Tones Shimmer Gems

For the final card, I took die-cuts that are LEAVES from Autumn Leaves, and turned them into trees. Outside the box!  Your kit will have all of the die-cut pieces.  I ink blended along the edges of all my "trees", before gluing down the branches.  

If you don't have the Sketched Plaid background stamp, just using something generic.  You could also use a marker and draw lines to make your own plaid background.


Paper Measurements:
  • Old Olive:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Old Olive:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  scrap to die-cut label
  • Real Red/Crushed Curry/Cajun Craze/Early Espresso:  scraps to die-cut leaves/trees and branches
Finished off with some Old Olive gems.

Stamps:  Autumn Leaves, Sketched Plaid
Ink:  Old Olive, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Paper:  Old Olive, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Basic White
Other:  Autumn Leaves dies, Earth Tones Shimmer Gems

I hope you love these cards, and want to copy them!

This coming Thursday, 9/12, I'll be making scrapbook pages using one of the newest Scrapbooking Kits - Halloween!  I'll also be giving you my opinion on the papers and products in the kit, compared to other kits and papers from other companies.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

*NEWToni's Amazon Store - shop for my favorite crafting items
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #fallthings #changingleaves #autumnleaves

Gift certificates available!

No comments:

Post a Comment