Saturday, June 8, 2024

June 2024 Virtual Workshop: Spotlight on Nature Projects

Good evening Crafty Peeps!

WOW!  I am so happy with this month's Virtual Workshop!  These turned out better when I made them, then what I had imagined.  Every week, I plan and sketch out my projects but I don't actually make them until I'm doing my live video.  Of course...anything can go wrong, and it sometimes does.  HAHAHA!  But mostly it's a good formula.  Once in a while, the projects turn out even BETTER than I planned and imagined and that's the case here.  I hope you're ready to be wow'd, because I've got a few interesting techniques and ideas to share with you. 

If you don't have this Spotlight on Nature bundle (which is on sale 10% off through 6/30/2024), or the papers that I'm using - you can ALWAYS re-create using what you have.  Different colors, different stamps, different papers - use my designs with what you have on hand.

Check out my Workshop of the Month page for details about this workshop, the ordering special and the online ordering code.   

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


My first card is a beautiful Tri-Fold Mini Slimline card.  You can easily up-size this to a regular size Slimline card if you want!  That just gave me an idea...  I've got a Crumb Cake base, and then I've added a piece of the Perennial Lavendar designer series paper.  I ripped some off because I love the look of ripped paper.  

In the video, I show you how to do Mirror Stamping, using a stamp positioning tool and a silicon craft mat (from Stampin' Up).  The silicon craft mat is a very useful tool to have in your stash.  After I stamped and hand-cut both butterflies, I colored in with some markers and then added some Wink of Stella.

In the video, just before I started making this card I shared the measurements for all of the dies in this Spotlight on Nature bundle.  You might want to write those down or take a screen shot, for a quick reference.


Paper measurements:
  • Crumb Cake:  6" x 8 7/8", scored at 3" and 6"
  • Basic White:  2 3/4" x 5 3/4", for inside of card
  • Perennial Lavendar Designer Series paper:  3" x 6"
  • Crumb Cake:  1" circle, and layering circle cut from Spotlight on Nature dies
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp and hand-cut butterflies

View of the opened card - Add white cardstock to both side panels if you want more room to write your message.  Just don't forget that the right-most panel is 2 7/8" wide...not 3".

I finished off with some of the Tinsel Gems 3-pack/Fresh Freesia.

Stamps:  Spotlight on Nature Bundle, Simply Said
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Onyx (Versafine)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic White, Perennial Lavendar Designer Series Paper
Other:  Stampin' Write markers (Bubble Bath, Fresh Freesia I think...I already forgot!), Clear Wink of Stella marker, Tinsel Gems 3-pack

I'm really happy with this second card too.  I demonstrated how to do the Whitewashing technique, using Q-tips.  You need either the White Craft ink pad, OR the White Craft reinker.  You might actually be able to get this same effect with a white chalk marker...I hadn't thought about that until just now.  It's certainly worth trying if you don't have a white ink pad.

Again, you'll need a stamp positioning tool. Otherwise, I did a little collage-like stamping on the background.  Added an embossed strip and then used the new Keeping Tabs stamps and punch to add the greeting.  

Paper measurements:
  • Lost Lagoon:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
  • Lost Lagoon:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Lost Lagoon:  1 1/2" x 4", embossed with Cane Weave folder
  • Basic White:  scrap to punch out two of the Keeping Tabs

Finished off with some of the Tinsel Gems 3-pack in Lost Lagoon. 

Stamps:  Spotlight on Nature, Keeping Tabs Bundle (w/ punch)
Ink:   Lost Lagoon, Onyx (Versafine), Midnight (Catherine Pooler), White Craft
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Basic White
Other:  Cane Weave embossing folder, Tinsel Gems 3-pack

The third card uses some of the new Wood Textured paper for the background.  This is a non-coated white paper, with the texture on one side.  Perfect for coloring to match any project!  I took my Basic Beige ink pad and lightly dragged it across the paper - direct-to-paper.  I was trying to keep the grainy look of the paper and leave some white spots.  I think it's a little more interesting with some white still showing.

I stamped and colored my flowers...I used Stampin' Blends markers, but that was a poor choice since I used regular Basic White cardstock.  You really need to use THICK cardstock with alcohol markers.  The alcohol markers bleed too much on regular cardstock.  

Mount your stamped image on to the Misty Moonlight circle, then on to the Wood Textured piece and chop off the side.


Paper measurements:
  • Basic Beige:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card
  • Wood Textured Specialty Paper:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Misty Moonlight:  scrap to die-cut largest circle
  • Basic White:  scrap to die-cut circle, and stamp greeting

I think the only thing I popped up here is the greeting.  Finished off with some Tinsel Gems 3-pack in Misty Moonlight.

Stamps: Spotlight on Nature Bundle
Ink:  Basic Beige, Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Basic Beige, Misty Moonlight, Basic White, Wood Textured Specialty paper
Other:   Stampin' Blends markers, Tinsel Gems 3-pack

The last card uses one of the card sketches on page 22 of the 2024-2025 Annual Catalog.  I think that might be the most useful part of the catalog for me, so far!  Seriously!  There are 24 card sketches to inspire you.  

I embossed a piece of Peach Pie with the Eyelet embossing folder, then dragged my White Craft ink over it.  Some areas caught more ink than others, and I like the inconsistency here.  The White Craft ink takes a while to dry.  I hit it with my heat tool for a little bit, but you should really let it dry overnight.

Punched a couple of different size circles, and die-cut one to stamp on.  I used different Stampin' Write markers together to get some shading - Lemon Lolly and Peach Pie, and Shy Shamrock and Lemon Lime Twist.  Everything is glued down flat except for the white circle.  I popped that up.


Paper measurements:
  • Peace Pie:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Peach Pie:  3 1/2" x 5 1/2", embossed with Eyelet folder
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Peach Pie Circles:  (2) 1", (1)  1 3/4"
  • Basic White:  3" x 3", cut with Spotlight on Nature dies
I didn't add any gems to this one, but I did hit the flowers with Clear Wink of Stella.  I think basic rhinestones, or even Iridescent Pearls might look good here.

Stamps:  Spotlight on Nature Bundle, Of Art & Texture, Simply Said
Ink:   Peach Pie, White Craft, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Peach Pie, Basic White
Other:  Eyelet embossing folder, Stampin' Write markers, Clear Wink of Stella marker

That's it!  I hope you love these projects as much as I loved sharing them with you.  I'm torn between the Tri-Fold Mini Slimline and the Wood Print/Basic Beige/Misty Moonlight as my favorite.

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE STUFF for this workshop.  This month's code is good through 6/30/2024.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #spotlightonnature

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment