Saturday, June 1, 2024

Dads & Dudes: Projects for the men in your life!

Happy June 1st Crafters!

This week, I thought I would create some projects for the Dads & Dudes in your lives!  Father's Day is just a couple of weeks away, but I know we can always use guy cards and projects year round.  No dads or dudes in your life?  Change up the colors and images to suit your needs!

I think you'll enjoy the little envelope book project - made with just TWO business size envelopes!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First project is a card design that I've used before.  I really like it, because you can add two or even four different panels for more interest.  I stuck with Pebbled Path Tartan Foil and Cherry Cobbler Designer series paper (old patterns) for this one.  Change up the colors to brights or subtles and this exact card would work for Mother's Day, girl friend birthday, thinking of you, welcome new baby...lots of possibilities.

I used two of the birds from the Bird's Eye View stamp set.  Papa Bird and Baby Bird.  Could also be Momma Bird and Baby Bird.  Could also be Big Sister Bird and Little Sister Bird...anything.


Paper measurements:
  • Pebbled Path:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Cherry Cobbler:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Cherry Cobbler:  3 3/4" x 5"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Tartan Foil Specialty Papers/Pebbled Path;  (2) 1 7/8" x 2 1/2"
  • Cherry Cobbler Designer Series paper:  (2) 1 7/8" x 2 1/2"
  • Pebbled Path:  scrap to die cut circle from Everyday Details dies
  • Basic White:  2" circle, embossed with Dotted Circles folder
  • Basic White:  scraps for greeting and birds
I like pairing the Dotted Circles embossing folder with the punched out circles border of the Everyday Details dies.  Dots on dots!  

Color in your birds with Stampin' Blends (or whatever you want).  Finished off with some of the Basic Gray pearls.

Stamps:  Birds Eye View, Simply Said
Ink:  Onyx (Versafine), Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Pebbled Path, Cherry Cobbler, Basic White, Tartan Foil Specialty Paper (Pebbled Path), Regals Designer Series Paper (Cherry Cobbler)
Other:  Everyday Details dies, Dotted Circles embossing folder, Stampin' Blends, Basic Gray & Smoky Slate Pearls

The second card could also be used for a beautiful Christmas card!  I might switch the plaid and wood print papers around, but this could definitely work for Christmas.  I crumbled up the wood paper, then somewhat flattened it back out to glue it to the card front.  I like the extra 3-d it gives!  Then I took 1" strips of the plaid paper and ripped the edges...you know how I like a ripped edge!

Stamped/plaid edge piece is popped up with foam tape.  

Paper measurements:
  • Pecan Pie:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • To Market Designer Series paper/tree-wood print:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • To Market Designer Series paper/green plaid:  (2) 1" x 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  3" x 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp greeting
I used the new Keeping Tabs punch for the greeting.  Had to add some Swirl Dots to cover up an ink smudge.

Stamps:  Friends for Life, Fragrant Forest
Ink:  Garden Green, Pecan Pie
Paper:  Pecan Pie, Basic White, To Market Designer series paper
Other:  Keeping Tabs punch, Swirl Dots

The third project is a fun envelope booklet!  Use this for pictures, journaling, hand-made coupons, notes to your special person, maybe have different family members decorate a page of their own...lots of possiblilities.  The pockets on the two inside pages give even more room for keepsakes!

The base is made from two business size envelopes.  Fold in half and staple together in the middle!  I colored all the edges with a Stampin' Blend marker before I stapled together.  Trim the very edge of the 2 inside pages to make pockets.

Cover work is made from a tag (cut from the Take to the Sky dsp), with some foam-adhesive die-cut letters, and an embossed greeting.  I wanted more of the whole planes to show near the top.


Paper measurements:
  • Take to the Sky Designer Series Paper:  (8) 3 7/8" x 4 1/2" - PAY ATTENTION to pattern direction!
  • Copper Clay & Night of Navy:  (2) 4 1/2" x 7 1/2", scored and folded at 3 3/4" for pocket inserts
  • Copper Clay:  scrap to layer tag on.
  • Copper Clay & Night of Navy:  scraps to stamp/cut/die-cut greeting and letters

Top view shows you end up with 6 pages inside to decorate, and then the very two pages have pockets.

Pull out the inserts -
You can add gift cards, pictures, journaling - whatever you can fit in these inserts.

Stamps: Friends for Life
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Copper Clay, Night of Navy, Take to the Sky Designer Series paper
Other:  Alphabet A La Mode dies, Foam adhesive sheets, Neutrals embossing powder (white), (2) business envelopes, Linen Thread, Stampin Blend marker (Pecan Pie Dark)

The last project is a Paper Pumpkin Alternative for this month's kit (May 2024 - The Best There Is).  I took TWO of the pre-printed card bases and scored and cut to make this Triple Panel Z-Fold Card.  I got this card design from my friend Sue (Krusin' Through Ink).  You'll need to watch the video for scoring and cutting for the base of this card.  I kept reminding everyone during the video - I'm making birthday cards because I don't have any need for Father's Day anything...but you should change up the greetings on any of these projects to suit YOUR needs.

I stamped the trees on one of the die-cuts from the kit, and then ink-blended the edges with Basic Beige. It is giving a little greenish look to it, but I like it.


Paper measurements:
  • Printed Cards from kit: (2)
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp greeting pieces
Top view of the card -

and then standing up -

The back side is white, so you can write directly on it.

I finished off with some Neutrals Sequins (brown).

Stamps:  Simply Said, The Best There Is (trees - May 2024 Paper Pumpkin)
Ink:   Early Espresso
Paper:  PP kit cards, Basic White
Other:  Neutrals Sequins

I hope you'll copy my ideas and bring a smile to someone's face when you give them your hand-made creation!

This coming Thursday, June 4th is the first Thursday of the month which means I'll be presenting my Virtual Workshop for June.  I'll be featuring a new bundle - Spotlight on Nature.  If you don't have it, find something similar in your stash to work with!  Hope to see you during my Live!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #dadsndudes #dadcards #dudecards #masculineprojects

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment