Sunday, May 26, 2024

Vacation Projects - Things you can use on vacation!

Good afternoon Crafty Peeps!

I hope you are enjoying this weekend.  We've had decent weather here in Maryland, and I'm looking forward to the extra day off tomorrow!  Let's take a look at the projects I made on Thursday night.  My idea was to make things that you can use when you're on vacation.  These things don't necessarily have to have a vacation vibe or theme - but you could certainly do that if you want to!  Use whatever materials suit your mood!  I'd love to see you copy these ideas and create your own versions.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I stream to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


I started off with a no brainer for vacation - a luggage tag!  I bought these plastic sleeve luggage tags YEARS ago, from Amazon.  Just checked my orders and it was in 2014, and these are no longer available.  These are "Cruise Luggage" tags, which just means they are little bit longer than regular luggage tags.  Get whatever suits you, and go for it.  You're going to make the insert and slide it into the tag sleeve.  Simple stamping here, rounded corners, and didn't pop anything up.  These luggage tag sleeves are not ideal for really 3-D embellishments or layers.

My idea of a good vacation is going to Minnesota in the Fall.  There aren't exactly a lot of fall trees left there in November.  It's usually bare trees and snow, but November to me is still fall which is where I went with this design.  Trees and a piece of scenery designer series paper.

I also paired the stamps from the Best Destination Kit.  Click that link to see the all-inclusive card kit.  The stamps were perfect for a travel theme.  Tree stamps came from the most recent Paper Pumpkin kit - The Best There Is, May 2024.


Paper measurements:
  • Copper Clay:  2 7/8" x 5 1/2"
  • Thoughtful Journey DSP: 2 3/4" x 5 3/8"
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp greeting
I finished off with some of last year's In Color Enamel Dots in Copper Clay.  Tied some In Color Jute Twine (Copper Clay and Wild Wheat) at the top too.

Stamps:  The Best There Is (Paper Pumpkin, May 2024), Best Destination card kit
Ink:  Copper Clay, Balmy Blue, Early Espresso
Paper: Copper Clay, Basic White, Thoughtful Journey Designer Series Paper
Other:  2023-2025 In Color Jute Trim, 2023-2024 In Color Enamel Dots, cruise luggage tag (Amazon)

The second project is a tag.  I call it a Gratitude Tag - write a note of thanks for someone during your trip.  OR, it can be a tag that you add to a journal or scrapbook, or you can add a little pocket to the back for money, OR it can simply be a bookmark!  Tags are great because they can be used in so many different ways.  

I went for a coffee theme with this one, and some papers from the Lily Pond Lake pack.  I like that Peach Pie.  Nothing about these theme screams vacation, but that just reinforces my thoughts that these can be ANY theme.  


Paper measurements:
  • Peach Pie:  3" x 6"
  • Lily Pond Lake DSP:  2 7/8" x 5 7/8"
  • Basic White:  scrap to die-cut label
  • Peach Pie:  scraps to stamp/die cut coffee cups and "thanks"
Stamp the coffee creamer patterns on white circles, then add Clear Wink of Stella.  The shimmer from the Stella might not show up in the picture.

Add some Linen Thread, and some Iridescent Foil Gems.

Write directly on the back of the tag or add another layer of Basic White if you want.

Stamps:  Latte Love Bundle
Ink:  Peace Pie, Crumb Cake, Pecan Pie
Paper:  Peach Pie, Basic White, Lily Pond Lake Designer series paper
Other:  Thanks & Beyond dies, Clear Wink of Stella marker, Iridescent Foil Gems, Linen Thread

The third card project is a small journal, made from a card base from the Boho Beach card kit and some printer paper!  The only thing you need to cut for this is the printer paper to make the inside pages.  I used a 3-hole Pamphlet Stitch to stitch the pages into the cover.  You might want to Google for 3-hole Pamphlet Stitch - I don't think I did that great of a job showing and explaining it.  :(

From my own experience, I've needed to write down places we went while on vacation, things we did, things that happened...all with the intent of adding all that info to my scrapbook pages.  When you're looking at pictures from 20+ years ago, it's hard to remember all these details.  

You can certainly stamp inside these pages if you want to, or even add pictures.  Treat it like a mini scrapbook if you want - it's YOUR journal!  Do what you want with it!

I did not add any lumpy embellishments to the front of this journal, because if you're trying to write over a rhinestone or gem - your pen goes wonky.  But that's just me.  If you want a lot of bling all over the cover, go for it.


Paper measurements:
  • Boho Beach card kit base:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Printer paper:  (10) 5" x 8", folded in half at 4"

Inside look where the Linen Thread shows in the very middle of the journal.


Stamps: Best Destination Card Kit
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper:  Boho Beach Card kit card base, printer paper
Other:   Linen thread

The last project comes in handy anywhere!  It's a mini card and envelope.  The card is 3" x 4" finished, and the envelope is made from a 6" x 6" piece of designer paper.  I used the To Market papers for the card and envelope.  Again - this theme is not vacation, but I can use this any time.  You can make a small stash of these and take with you.  See how I added the Tear & Tape to the envelope?  I did that, so I don't have to worry about taking a tape runner or glue with me.  Just peel and seal! 

These little cards and envelopes are perfect for leaving tips or just kind words for people you come in contact with during your stay.

The only stamping I did on this was the greeting.  I cut all the vegetables directly from the designer series paper.


Paper measurements:
  • Pecan Pie:  4" x 6", scored and folded at 3"
  • Basic White:  2 3/4" x 3 3/4", for inside of card
  • To Market Designer series paper:  1 1/2" strip, ripped ends
  • To Market Designer series paper:  6" x 6" piece to make envelope (use your Envelope Punch board!)
I finished off with a few Transparent Dots in Blackberry Bliss.

Stamps:  Simply Said
Ink:   Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Pecan Pie, Basic White, To Market designer series papers
Other:  Transparent Dots

Join me this Thursday for some masculine card ideas!  Father's Day is coming up, but we can always use cards for our guys year-round.

Reminder:  Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE STUFF for this month's workshop.  This month's code is good through 5/31/2024.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #luggagetag #vacationjournal #gratitudetag

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment