Sunday, March 31, 2024

On Stage 2024 Projects: Fun Fold cards and a cute Mini Album!

Happy Easter Friends!

I hope you're doing whatever it is that you want to do today, and enjoying yourself!  We had our Easter dinner with the family yesterday, watched Aquaman last night, and then I slept in LATE.  Now I'm going to be tied to this computer for the rest of the day organizing all my tax info.  :(  Last Minute Lucy!  So - enjoy your day, however you are spending it.  

Today I'm sharing three projects that I made on Thursday night.  These were all project ideas that were shared with us at On Stage a couple of weeks ago.  Of course, the presenters used upcoming NEW catalog products, so that was the biggest difference in mine.  I hope you like them!  

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


Both of these fun fold cards were presented by Mary Ellen Stites.

The purpose of the first fun fold design is to show off an entire piece of 6" x 6" designer series paper.  When the card is open, you see the entire thing so this is perfect for those "scenery" type papers.  I had to go back to my autumn pack.

You'll want to watch the video to see how I cut the designer series paper.  Basically, you want to cut in order, so the scene stays in tact.


Paper measurements:
  • Copper Clay:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at  2", 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • All About Autumn Designer Series Paper:  5 1/4" x 6", cut across the 6" side at 3 1/2", 1/2".  You're left with a 2" piece at the end, which you need
  • Copper Clay:  3 1/2" x 5 1/4"
  • Copper Clay/Wild Wheat:  scraps to die cut leaves
  • Copper Clay:  scrap to punch Decorative Circle punch
  • Basic White:  2" circle

Picture of the car opened and flat - isn't that cool to see the whole scene?  I love it!


I did pop the greeting up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Finished off with some Opaque Ovals.  These are Pecan Pie, but they match close enough.

Stamps:  Well Said (NEW catalog stamp set)
Ink:  Copper Clay
Paper: Copper Clay, Wild Wheat, Basic White, All About Autumn Designer Series Paper
Other:   Decorative punch, 2" Circle punch, Opaque Ovals

Next is a Gatefold card with a belly band.  What's different about this gatefold is the extra fold-over flaps on the front.  It adds more opportunities for different patterns, plus it's a new twist on an old favorite design.

I don't have the balloon set, so I just cut a pair of balloons directly out of the designer series paper.  I did tape it to a piece of Basic White before I cut, to make it a little sturdier.


Paper measurements:
  • Fresh Freesia:  5 1/2" x 11", scored at 1 1/4" and 3 3/8" from each end.
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Fresh Freesia:  1" x 11", for belly band
  • Lemon Lolly:  3" x 4", cut with postage dies
  • Lighter than Air Designer series paper:  (2) 1 3/4" x 5 1/4", (2) 1" x 5 1/4", (1) 2 1/2" x 3 3/8"
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp/cut greeting
Here's a picture of it opened up -


I added some of the Rainbow Dots all over to finish.  I also ran the Clear Wink of Stella all over the balloons.

Stamps:  Well Said
Ink:  Fresh Freesia
Paper: Fresh Freesia, Lemon Lolly, Basic White, Lighter than Air Designer series paper
Other:   Postage dies (Unity Stamp Co), Rainbow Dots, Clear Wink of Stella marker

The third project is an adorable Mini Album using 6" x 6" papers for the inside pages.  No cutting of your pattern papers!  Finished size is 3 3/8" x 6 1/2".  The cover/base of the album is made only from cardstock, but it's sturdy!  No chipboard, no whiteboard (from the packs of designer series paper).  Just cardstock - a few layers.

If you watch and share the video by Thursday afternoon, I'm pulling a name and giving away my PROTOTYPE album.  Not this one that I'm sharing.  I made my prototype with Lost Lagoon cardstock and the Inked & Tiled Designers series papers inside.  I did emboss the front cover layer with the new So Swirly folder like this green one, and it's got Pool Party sheer ribbon ties.  It's pretty!  I'm shipping anywhere in the world, so please feel free to share and comment SHARED either on the YouTube video, or the Facebook video.

Back to this one - I wanted this mini to be for my On Stage pictures.  I've got a Lemon Lime Twist base, and then the pages inside are from the Glorious Gingham designer series paper.  I used all of the prints/colors in that pack.  2 of each color, so I've got 10 pages.

Paper measurements:
  • Lemon Lime Twist:  8 1/4" x 9", scored according to pattern
  • Lemon Lime Twist:  (2) 3 1/4" x 6 3/8", (1) 3/8" x 6 3/8", for inside the cover
  • Lemon Lime Twist:  3 1/8" x 6 1/4", embossed to add to front cover
  • Glorious Gingham Designer Series paper:  (10) 6" x 6", scored at 3" for pages
PATTERN -  These are the cardstock pieces to make the base.


Let's look at the inside of the book.  This picture is me and my friend Penne when I first arrived at the hotel in Houston.  She came to the hotel and dropped off some snacks for me and my friends - she's so sweet!


After you glue all of the folded pages together, the very last/back page gets glued to the inside back cover. 


See how the pages are only attached to each other, and then to the very back.


The mini album that was presented at OnStage, they used Basic Black for their album base, new papers that are bright and cheery colors, and black and white pictures.  Very striking!

Stamps: Simply Zinnias bundle
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst, Basic White, Glorious Gingham Designer Series paper
Other:   Alphabet a la Mode dies, So Swirly embossing folder, Stampin Write markers (Berry Burst, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Lemon Lime Twist), Iridescent Rhinestones, Ribbon Duo combo pack

I hope you see how you can customize this little album to whatever occasion you need.  Add plain white paper to the pages for journaling if you'd like. 

Join me this Thursday at 8pm ET for my April Workshop, which will be my Retirement Workshop.  I'll be showcasing products that are on the Last Chance list.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #onstage2024 #minialbum

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment