Friday, January 5, 2024

January 2024 Virtual Workshop - Cute Critters Birthday Cards

Happy Friday Folks!  

I presented my January Virtual Workshop last night, and I love how these cards turned out!   I like to start the year off with some birthday cards, and I hadn't yet used this Hey Chuck set so I figured it would be a good combo.  If you don't have this particular "critter" set, copy my designs and use whatever critter you have in your stash!  Don't have any critters?  Use anything!  I think I will try to work up alternates this weekend, to show the make-n-take kit supplies used with flowers or something - just to give you visuals of how you can take the kit and go in a different direction.

Check out my Workshop of the Month page for details about my workshop, the ordering specials and the online ordering code.  Short version:  Use code BPA2J9EZ when placing your qualifying order online this month and get some freebies!   Don't forget to select your Sale-a-Bration FREE items when you check out!

Sale-a-Bration 2024 and the January - April 2024 Catalogs went live yesterday as well.  If you are in the US and don't already have a demonstrator, I'll be happy to send you the catalogs.  Email me at tonistamps@yahoo.com.  Look at the PDF versions online over on this page.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


My first card is what I think of as a "Build a Scene" kind of card.  I stamped, colored, and did some ink blending to get that background.  Then stamp and cut out a chicken, and add the greeting.   If you don't have this Rays of Light stamp, I've also seen stencils, or die cuts that could be used as masks.  Improvise!


Paper measurements:
  • Azure Afternoon:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  (2) 4” x 5 1/4”, one for inside of card, one for front
  • Azure Afternoon/Basic White:  scraps to punch with Double Oval punch
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp/cut out chicken
  • Basic Grey:  scraps to die-cut weather vanes (2)
I ink blended the bottom of the card to make the dirt, then stamped in some splotches from Perched in a Tree.

I doubled-up the weather vane die-cuts to make it more sturdy.  I guess that was a waste since I glued it down flat to the card front anyway.  Ooops!

Finished off with some Rainbow Dots in Azure Afternoon.

Stamps:  Hey Chuck bundle, Perched in a Tree
Ink:  Azure Afternoon, Lemon Lolly, Pecan Pie, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Basic White, Basic Grey, Azure Afternoon
Other:  Double Oval Punch, Rainbow Dots, Stampin' Blends (Pecan Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie), Clear Wink of Stella brush

Second card design comes from my friend Sue, Krusin' Through Ink.  This is a Fractured Card.  Looks really cool!  Notice I brough in some Designer Series paper from last year.  Country Gingham.  I liked the Petal Pink prints, and want to use it up!


Paper measurements:
  • Petal Pink:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card
  • Country Gingham DSP:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Petal Pink:  2 3/8" x 2 3/8", cut with Stylish Shapes dies
  • Basic White:  2 1/8" x 2 1/8"
  • Petal Pink:  (4) 1/4" x 5 1/4", strips to glue down
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp and cut out chicken and skateboard
Skateboard chicken is cut out and popped up.  Gave him a little Wink of Stella too, but it's not really showing up in the picture.


Finish off with some Rainbow Dots in Petal Pink.

Stamps:  Hey Chuck
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Petal Pink, Basic White, Country Gingham Designer Series paper
Other:  Stylish Shapes dies, Stampin' Write Markers (Pebbled Path, Lost Lagoon, Petal Pink, Lemon Lolly, Pumpkin Pie), Clear Wink of Stella brush

Third project is Lemon Lolly and Black.  Anything + Black is a good color combination!  You may notice that my postage stamp dies are NOT from Stampin' Up.  I recently got mine from Unity Stamp Co - before Stampin' Up released theirs, so....I'm not re-buying dies.  I used the Sketched Plaid background stamp, but you could use an embossing folder, or stamp something else, or even ball up the cardstock and then re-flatten it out to add texture.    I stamped my Sketched Plaid a little bit crooked...just a teeny bit, but it's bothering me now.  Ugh!


Paper measurements:
  • Lemon Lolly:  5 1/2" x 7 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Lemon Lolly:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  3" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Basic Black:  3 1/4" x 4", cut with postage dies
  • Basic White:  2 1/2" x 3 3/8"
Stamp everything on the white panel, color in a little bit, and ink blend the edges with Lemon Lolly to make them stand out a little more.

Postage panel is popped up with foam tape.  Finish off with Rainbow Dots in Lemon Lolly!

Stamps: Hey Chuck, Sketched Plaid
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Lemon Lolly, Basic Black, Basic White
Other:   Postage Dies (Unity Stamp Co), Clear Wink of Stella, Stampin' Write Markers (Lemon Lolly, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight)

The last card is a Gatefold that opens top and bottom.  I used magnets to keep it closed, and I show you where to place those.  I wanted this one to be a non-traditional color scheme, so Moody Mauve and Pebbled Path fit the bill!

Other than the Gatefold, this card is pretty simple.  Stamp and color, and assemble.  Speckle stamp is from Seaside Bay set.  

Paper measurements:
  • Pebbled Path:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 2 1/8" on one side, then fold the other side in to meet in the middle
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Earthen Elegance DSP: 2" x 5 3/8"
  • Moody Mauve:  3" x 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  2 3/4" x 4"
Finish off with some Rainbow Dots in Bubble Bath.  This picture shows the card open. 


Stamps:  Hey Chuck, Throughout the Year, Seaside Bay
Ink:   Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Pebbled Path
Paper:  Pebbled Path, Moody Mauve, Basic White, Earthen Elegance Designer Series Paper
Other:  Stampin' Write markers (Moody Mauve, Bubble Bath), Clear Wink of Stella brush, Rainbow Dots, magnets

I hope you enjoy my ideas, and copy them to your heart's content!

Again, click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and FREE embellishment for this workshop.  This month's code is good through 1/31/2024

Next week, I'll be making some birthday projects - think favors/treat bags/card/cake toppers...things you can use for a birthday party.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #heychuck

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment