Saturday, December 9, 2023

December 2023 Virtual Workshop - Sparkling Snowflakes

Happy Saturday Friends!  I hope you're having a good weekend so far.  I just got home from a craft fair, and a trip to the cemetery to visit my Mom and the rest of the family that's around her.   It was a good day spent with my friend.

If you weren’t able to join me live on Thursday night, please check out the video below.   I'm featuring the Sparkling Snowflakes stamps for this month's workshop.  Copy my designs with ANY snowflake stamps that you may have in your stash!  I was going for winter-themed cards this month, although I may use some to send out...I'm so far behind on my Christmas cards.  :(

Check out my Workshop of the Month page for details about my workshop, the ordering specials and the online ordering code.  Short version:  Use code 3T6VQY2P when placing your qualifying order online this month and get some freebies!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First card is one of my favorite kind - non-traditional colors!  Pink snowflakes?  Yes, please!  I like this group of three snowflakes, and layering the solid snowflakes with the detailed images.  There is Bubble Bath underneath.  The Melon Mambo is stamped off once on the snowflakes...the first one had to get thrown out.  It was way too dark.

I also combined the More Wishes and Biggest Wish sets to stamp out "birthday WISHES".  I love both of those - they work so well together.

Paper measurements:
  • Melon Mambo:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded in half at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card
  • Bubble Bath:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  3 13/16" x 5 1/16"
  • Melon Mambo:  1 3/8" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  1 1/8" x 5 1/4"
Finish off with some of the Iridescent Dots.

Stamps:  Sparkling Snowflakes, More Wishes, Biggest Wish
Ink:  Bubble Bath, Melon Mambo
Paper: Melon Mambo, Bubble Bath, Basic White
Other:  Iridescent Dots

Second card is one of my favorite ways to use multiple patterns of paper - the Stack & Shuffle.  I've stacked the Snowflake Magic specialty papers, and cut three-ways.  You'll get (3) sheets to stack and shuffle, leaving you extras to make 2 more cards on your own.


Paper measurements:
  • Lost Lagoon:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded in half at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  (2) 4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card and front layer
  • Snowflake Magic DSP:  (3) 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
  • Lost Lagoon:  2 3/8" circle
  • Basic White:  2 1/4" circle
Greeting is popped up.    Add a tiny bow of Silver and White Sheet ribbon

Finish off with some Iridescent Dots.

Stamps:  Throughout the Year
Ink:  Lost Lagoon
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Basic White, Snowflake Magic Specialty Designer Series paper
Other:  2 1/4" and 2 3/8" Circle punches, Silver & White Sheer ribbon, Iridescent Dots

Third project is a different take on the Joseph's Coat Technique.  I wanted pink snowflakes, so instead of stamping pink snowflakes on white cardstock, then embossing clear over top of it...I just embossed clear on Bubble Bath cardstock.  Then ink blend Fresh Freesia and Pool Party inks over top of the Bubble Bath cardstock - and you end up with pink snowflakes with a multi-colored background.  Just what I wanted!

Card front has 1" cut off the bottom too.  I cut that piece down even further (3/4" x 5 1/4"), and embossed with one of the Basics Embossing folders.  Glued that down flat.


Paper measurements:
  • Pool Party:  5 1/2" x 7 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Fresh Freesia:  3" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  3" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Bubble Bath:  2 3/4" x 5"
  • Pool Party:  scrap to stamp/punch greeting
Picture of the card opened up.


Emboss the greeting in white, and pop that up.  Finish off with some Iridescent Dots

Stamps: Sparkling Snowflakes
Ink:  Versamark, Fresh Freesia, Pool Party
Paper:  Pool Party, Fresh Freesia, Bubble Bath, Basic White
Other:  Basics #2 embossing folder, Double Oval punch, Clear and White embossing powders, Iridescent Dots

The last card is a Mini Slimline.  I wanted a swoop of snowflakes across the front of this card.  Use ANY three colors that you'd like.  I went with Berry Burst, Azure Afternoon, and Granny Apple Green.  See how I also got all 3 sizes of snowflakes on there too - 2 large, 2 medium, and 3 small. 


Paper measurements:
  • Basic White (Thick):  6" x 6", scored at 3"
  • Basic White (Thick):  2 7/8" x 5 7/8"
  • Basic White (Thick):  scrap to stamp/hand-cut greeting
I stamped and hand-cut the greeting, but you could obviously use a die or a punch of any kind.  

Stamps:  Sparkling Snowflakes
Ink:   Berry Burst, Azure Afternoon, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Basic White Thick
Other:  Iridescent Dots

I hope you enjoy my ideas, and copy them to your heart's content!

Again, click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and embellishment for this workshop.  This month's code is good through 12/30/2023.

Next week, I'll be making some boxes and gift bags to help you with your gift packaging.  Boxes will also hold different size cards!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #sparklingsnowflakes

Gift certificates available anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment