Sunday, September 10, 2023

September 2023 Virtual Workshop - Fall Fun!

Good evening Crafty Friends!

It's Sunday night and I'm finally getting a few minutes to update my blog with measurements for you.  I hope you had a great weekend!

If you weren’t able to join me live on Thursday night, please check out the video below.  My workshop this month is focused on some Fall things - this is my favorite time of year.  If the temperatures could drop significantly, I'd be so happy.  :)   I couldn't make up my mind between Pick of the Patch (pumpkins) and Autumn Leaves, so I decided to use BOTH.  Obviously, I'll be doing more with both of these, but I thought these would be easy to swap out with any other pumpkins and leaves that you might already have.

Check out my Workshop of the Month page for details about my workshop, the ordering specials and the online ordering code.  Short version:  Use code V9DGVKQT when placing your qualifying order online this month and get some freebies -
  • $50 online order (before tax/shipping) will get you the Make-n-Take kit (all the paper pieces and envelopes) for this workshop.
  • $75 online order (before tax/shipping) will get you the Make-n-Take Kit AND a pack of the NEW Speckled Dots.  
Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First card is really all about the Them Bones Designer series paper.  This whole back panel is from the paper.  All I did was stamp a tower of pumpkins, and add a greeting.   For the pumpkins, I only used Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie inks.  Stamped off for some of them, so I got 4 different shades.  

If YOUR piece of designer series paper does not have a moon, you can make one!  Just punch a circle out of scrap paper and make a mask for yourself.  Then sponge in some white ink inside the punched out circle.  Let it dry and you're good!


Paper measurements:
  • Basic Black:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded in half at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card
  • Starry Sky:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Them Bones DSP:  3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp and hand-cut pumpkins and greeting
Stamp the greeting in Starry Sky and hand-cut.  Popped that and the tower of pumpkins up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Stamps:  Pick of the Patch
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Starry Sky, Tuxedo Memento
Paper: Basic Black, Starry Sky, Basic White, Them Bones Designer series paper
Other:  Adhesive-Backed Sequins Trio

Second project is a Rocker Card!  I made these several months ago and I really love this style of card.  This time, I used the brand new Deckled Circle dies to cut all the pieces.  The Cajun Craze base is from the largest die which is 6"!!!

Them Bones designer series paper is cut with the second largest die.  The Cajun Craze and White for the main part was cut with dies # 7 and 8.  #1 is the largest, so keep working IN until you get to 7 and 8.  

Paper measurements:
  • Cajun Craze:  6" x 6", cut with Deckled Circle die #1 (the largest)
  • Them Bones Designer Series Paper (pumpkin/writing print):  5 3/4" x 5 3/4", cut with Deckled Circles die #2
  • Cajun Craze:  4" x 4", cut with Deckled Circles die #7
  • Basic White:  3 3/4" x 3 3/4", cut with Deckled Circles die #8
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp/hand cut pumpkins and the greeting.
Stamp the tree on the Basic White Deckled Circle and add some branches.  I stamped it in black, but you could use brown or any color.  I stamped the pumpkins on the ground and drew in some "ground" with an Old Olive marker.

Stamp and hand-cut a few more pumpkins and pop up.

Picture showing it standing up.  It's pretty balanced!  I have 5 of the Old Olive Speckled Dots on the right side of the card to counter-weight the pumpkins/greeting on the left.


Stamps:  Pick of the Patch
Ink:  Tuxedo Memento, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Pecan Pie, Old Olive
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Basic White, Them Bones Designer Series papers
Other:  Deckled Circle dies, Speckled Dots

Third project is a card with the Autumn Leaves.  I used Versamark ink, to make the point that you don't have to have the Moody Mauve ink in order to make this card, if you get the Make-n-Take kit.  Versamark gives a tone-on-tone look, which is what I wanted.

You can barely see that I added the Sketched Plaid background stamp to the Moody Mauve layer first.  I inked it up with the Versamark, stamped off once (just like you do with regular ink to get a lighter version), and stamped it.  It's BARELY there, which is what I wanted...but i'm not a great photographer.

Stamp some of the leaves, also with Versamark ink.

Then you'll stamp and emboss with Copper - one leave and the greeting.  I like how my Copper embossing looks a little pink...makes it coordinate more.


Paper measurements:
  • Moody Mauve:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Moody Mauve:  3 3/4" x 5"
  • Very Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Moody Mauve & Very Vanilla:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corners so you can choose which to stamp your leaf on.
  • Very Vanilla:  scrap cut with label die
Leaf is glued down flat, and greeting is popped up.  Finish off with some of the Moody Mauve Speckled Dots.

I thought this card would look nice in Boho Blue too - all tone-on-tone.  If I had used that Boho Blue, I might have embossed with Gold.   Who knows?  I might try it later!

Stamps: Autumn Leaves bundle
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Moody Mauve, Very Vanilla
Other:  Metallic embossing powders (Copper), Speckled Dots

The last card is super easy, but I think really looks amazing.  I always love a white-on-white or vanilla-on-vanilla card.  I think it looks a little more elegant or fancy.  I embossed a Very Vanilla layer with the new Distressed Tile 3-D embossing folder.  

Add some leaves die-cut from the Oxidized Copper papers, and emboss a greeting.  Pretty easy, but looks beautiful!  

Greeting is embossed in Copper, and I've also added a bit of the Linen ribbon from the Copper & Natural Combo Pack.


Paper measurements:
  • Very Vanilla Thick:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Very Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Distressed Tile folder
  • Oxidized Copper Specialty papers:  scraps to die-cut three leaves
  • Very Vanilla:  scrap to emboss and punch out greeting
Finish off with some of the Copper Clay Speckled Dots.  They look good with the copper embossing.  

Stamps:  Autumn Leaves bundle, Layering Leaves
Ink:   Versamark
Paper:  Very Vanilla (Thick and regular), Oxidized Copper
Other:  Distressed Tile embossing folder, Double Oval punch, Copper & Natural combo pack, Metallics embossing powders (Copper), Speckled Dots.

Enjoy yourself creating some Fall projects!

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and embellishment for this workshop.  This month's code is good through 9/30/2023.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #pickofthepatch #autumnleaves

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment