Friday, September 1, 2023

Festive Tags Kit and some Alternate Projects!

Welcome back Crafty Friends!  Today's post features my projects from last night's live video using the Festive Tags Kit.  This was one of the "Kits Collection" that was on sale for the month of August...last day of the sale was last night, so I hope you got one if you wanted it.  This particular kit makes 15 adorable tags, but I wanted to make some Non-Tag items...so I did.    Hope you enjoy!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


The first two creations were tags, pretty much as designed for the kit.  I wanted to show how quick these tags come together and how cute they are.  I added nothing extra to these two tags.  Everything came straight out of the kit.  Did I mention - there's no stamping with this kit!  Everything is pre-printed.

The only change I made was the direction of the poinsettia tag.  I made it vertical, instead of horizontal.  Boom!


After those quick creations, I made two Mini Slimline cards.  This time I added a minimal amount of cardstock - just enough for the card bases and Basic White for the inside.

On this first one, I did stamp the Sketched Plaid background stamp across the card front.  No layers other than the tag, which is front and center.  I did trim the top of the tag, and placed the poinsettia cut out over that end.  Cute!

Next Mini Slimline is vertical, and the base is plain.  Just has the Tag in the center with the wreath popped up.  I did add a bow tied with the new Iridescent ribbon that will be available on Sep 6th with the Sep-Dec 2023 (Holiday) Catalog.  It's 1/2" wide, which is a little wider than I like for cards.  But it'll do!


Paper measurements:
  • Flirty Flamingo/Lost Lagoon:  6" x 6", scored and folded in half at 3”
  • Basic White:  2 3/4" x 5 3/4", for inside of card

Fifth item is an A2 size card.  This time I added an embossed layer to the front, to mimic tree branches.  Again, I cut the top of the tag off where the "hanger string" would go, and popped up the tag as my focal image.  Everything else came from the kit - the greeting, the gems, the tag bits.


Paper measurements:
  • Lost Lagoon:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Lost Lagoon:  4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Fern folder
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card

Finally, my last project might be my favorite - a Hidden Paperclip!  I LOVE dolling up paper clips to match whatever I need.  This one can get tucked in a journal, a mini notebook, or a Christmas file.  You'll have to watch the video, but the paper clip is buried between the Flirty Flamingo cardstock and the Flirty Flamingo DSP.  I didn't even measure the pieces.  Just grabbed some scraps and cut off what I didn't like.

Added the Festive Tag to the front...again I cut the top part off.  Popped up that ornament, and added the gems and greeting.  Super fast, simple, and effective!



Next week is the FIRST Thursday of the month, and I'll be presenting my Virtual Workshop of the Month.  For September, I'm featuring the Pick of the Patch stamps!

Other reminders - I'll be having a BOGO sale on Saturday, Sep 9th at 12:00pm ET, and then an Online Class on Sunday, Sep 10th (time TBD) and Monday, Sep 11th (8:00pm ET).   More info will be posted about both of these on my Facebook Page, Instagram, and in email (if I can get my act together this weekend!).

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #festivetagskit

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment