Sunday, August 27, 2023

Some Creative Stamping with the Circle Sayings bundle

Warning - the FIRST project is the ONLY one that went according to plan in my video from this past Thursday night.  The slimline spinner and the circle cut out cards were complete DISASTERS on film.  I'm not editing or fixing any of that, so if you watch the video...be prepared for just about everything to go wrong. :)

I had to remake the last two cards, just so I could get good pictures for you.  Measurements here are CORRECT.  Just don't do what I did in the video.  OMG...at some point, I thought - can anything else go wrong?  I'm sure it could have.   Sometimes, that's just how things go, and I know I'm not the only one.  ENJOY!  :)

My intention was to show you a few fun projects using the Circle Sayings bundles.  I guess it was still fun for everyone. HA!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


My first project is a birthday card with crabs.  I show how to do the "Rock & Roll" technique for the two-toned crabs...love those.  Then I'm using the half-circle seashells from Circle Sayings to make a border.  Hand-cut around the shells, and add a piece of Designer Series paper behind that layer.  I love the look!

Stamp some of the sand/background all over the card front as well.


Paper measurements:
  • Pebbled Path:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Pebbled Path:  4" x 5 1/2", to stamp seashell border on, then cut off edge
  • 2023-2025 In Color Designer Series Paper (Pebbled Path):  2" x 5 1/2"
  • Basic White:  scraps to stamp/cut crabs and greeting
I added a little piece of Pebbled Path Textured ribbon, and popped the greeting up on top of that.

Two of the crabs are popped up, one glued down flat.  Finish with some In Color Gems!

Stamps:  Circle Sayings, Throughout the Year
Ink:  Tahitian Tide, Blueberry Bushel, Pebbled Path
Paper: Pebbled Path, Basic White, 2023-2025 In Color Designer Series Paper
Other:  In Color Gems, Pebbled Path Textured ribbon.

The second project is a GOOD IDEA, but the actual making it part...FAIL.  What we have here is a Slimline Spinner card!  I mean - it's a good idea to combine the two, right?  Yes, in theory.  On video...totally went south.  I did have to re-make it, and it DOES spin nicely now.  I always have trouble with cutting the slat/space out for the spinning mechanism (two pennies and dimensionals).  

But hear me out - lots of potential here.  This slimline size is 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" finished.  Lots of space.  I was also trying out my idea to have the spinner panel on top of the card base, instead of cutting that spinner gulley through the entire front of the card.  This way IS sturdier....when it works out!  


Paper measurements:
  • Bubble Bath:  8 1/2" x 7", scored and folded in at 3 1/2"
  • Fresh Freesia:  3 1/4" x 8 1/4"
  • Lemon Lolly:  3" x 8"
  • Basic White:  3 1/4" x 8 1/4", for inside of card
  • Bubble Bath:  2 1/2" and 2 3/8" circles
  • Basic White:  2 1/4" circle, plus scrap to stamp and cut cupcake

I stamped the Sketched Plaid background stamp on the Lemon Lolly layer.  Glue that to the Fresh Freesia, then cut the spinner gulley out of the center.  I was trying to cut a 1/2" wide gulley.  

Quick watercoloring of the cupcake, and add some Wink of Stella.  Cute!

Layered up all the circles, and the cupcake on top.  It's cute!  And it works, now that I re-made it.  

I also made an envelope for this slimline card using an entire sheet of Bubble Bath cardstock.  This card and envelope are definitely over 1 oz and will require extra postage.

Stamps: Circle Sayings, Sketched Plaid
Ink:  Fresh Freesia, Onyx (Versafine), Lemon Lolly, Pecan Pie, Bubble Bath
Paper:  Bubble Bath, Fresh Freesia, Lemon Lolly, Basic White
Other:   Circle punches ( 2 1/4", 2 3/8", and 2 1/2"), Clear Wink of Stella, Adhesive-Backed Solid Gems

The last project was also a 75% FAIL.  :)  Seriously!  How much could go wrong in one session?  I started off with a 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock.  Folded in half, then cut a 2 1/2" circle out at the score line.  Add some more layers, a circle of Lost Lagoon.  What you don't see is the back side of the card - I added a 4" x 4" piece of Lost Lagoon to the back.  Just to cover up the circle cut-out.

I love this sun and wave image!  I colored with Lemon Lolly and Lost Lagoon Stampin' Blends.  Added a little Wink of Stella too.


Paper measurements:
  • Lost Lagoon:  4 1/4" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper:  4" x 4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 4", for inside of card
  • Lost Lagoon:  4" x 4", for back of card
  • Lost Lagoon:  2 1/2" circle
  • Basic White:  2 1/4" circle, stamped sun/waves on
  • Lost Lagoon & Basic White:  scraps to stamp/layer greeting.
Open the card, and the punched out circles are glued on top of the Basic White. 


Greeting and the sun/waves circle pieces are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Finish off with some Tinsel Gems Three-Pack.

Stamps:  Circle Sayings, Throughout the Year
Ink:  Tuxedo Memento, Lost Lagoon
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Basic White, Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper
Other:  2 1/4" & 2 1/2" Circle punches, Clear Wink of Stella marker, Lemon Lolly & Lost Lagoon Stampin Blends, Tinsel Gems Three Pack

NEXT week (this Thursday) should go smoother...fingers crossed.  I'll be doing some things with the Festive Tag Kit (tags AND turning some into cards).  ALL of the Kits Collections are on sale through 8/31...so check those out.  The Festive Tags Kit is only $11.70, only until this Thursday thought.   I should also have a Pre-View of my September Card Class.

Don't forget to click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet and embellishment.  This month's code is good through 8/31/2023.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #circlesayingsbundle #slimlinespinnercard

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment