Saturday, April 1, 2023

Sea Turtles!

Happy Saturday Friends!

I am having fun with some friends at a crop today, so after I post this I’ll probably get cracking on a Paper Pumpkin kit, then maybe work on scrapping some concert pictures.  Fun will be had!  This post is all about my Sea Turtles cards from Wednesday night.  By the way - our anniversary dinner on Thursday did not go as planned.  We got to the Korean grocery store food court, and they were CLOSED!  Geez!  Lucky for us, there’s another place just a few miles down the road, so we still got our Korean fix.  :)

I did start off this week’s video with about a 14 minute discussion of RETIRING colors, new colors, and upcoming events.  I’ve got a separate post coming to share which colors are retiring, but I’ve already made posts on my Facebook Page (@tonistampsandmore).

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


My intention with the first card was to show you how to use the Gilded Leafing to add to your projects.  You need something sticky, for the leafing to stick to…. Start out by embossing a piece of the Textured Shimmer paper (in Balmy Blue) with the Seashells folder.  Then I used Versamark ink and Heat & Stick Powder - you treat this just like embossing powder, but it cooks VERY QUICKLY.  It’s easy to over-cook this Heat & Stick powder, and then it’s just scorched…so be careful!  

Add the gilded leafing, and rub it in.  WARNING:  The Gilded Leafing flies around everywhere, and static electricity is not your friend with this.  I had to clean off my work surface twice.


I stamped the Sea Turtle and added the “shell” layer again with Heat & Stick powder and the Gilded Leafing. The pictures just don’t do this card justice.  It really is pretty.  Lots of gold!


Paper Measurements:
  • Balmy Blue:  5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored and folded in half at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”
  • Textured Shimmer: 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”, embossed with Seashells folder
  • Basic White:  scraps to stamp/cut turtle and greeting
Finished off with some of the Iridescent Gems (Balmy Blue).

Stamps:  SeaTurtle, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Versamark, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Basic White, Textured Shimmer (BalmyBlue), Vellum
Other:  Seashells embossing folder, 2 1/2” Circle punch, Gilded Leafing, Heat & Stick Powder, Iridescent Gems

Next, I wanted a larger card - this one is 5 1/2” square.  I will have to make a custom-sized envelope for it, but that’s okay! I really wanted to use some of the Texture Chic designer series papers, to tie in some seashells with the turtle and I liked this print with the Petal Pink and Gray Granite color combo.  

I also wanted a different turtle color combination, so I went with Petal Pink and Calypso Coral.


Paper measurements:
  • Gray Granite:  5 1/2" x 11”, scored and folded in half at 5 1/2”
  • Basic White: 5 1/4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of the card
  • Petal Pink: 5 1/16” x 5 1/16”
  • Texture Chic Designer series paper:  4 7/8” x 4 7/8”, plus partial strip 
  • Basic White:  scraps to stamp turtles, and greeting
I added a ripped up leftover bit of the same designer series paper - just flip it over to the other side.  Stapled some ribbon on, and then added my turtles.

Popped up all of my turtles, and embossed the greeting in white on Gray Granite cardstock.

Finish off with some of the Iridescent Gems (Calypso Coral).

Stamps:  Sea Turtles, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Petal Pink, Calypso Coral, Versamark
Paper:  Gray Granite, Petal Pink, Basic White, By the Bay Designer series paper
Other:  Granite Gray 1/4” Shimmer ribbon, Iridescent Gems

My final card was done in my favorite - a Non-traditional color.  I’m really going to miss Polished Pink!  I can see these turtles in blues, greens, pinks, oranges, even purples!!!  


Paper Measurements:
  • Sahara Sand:  5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored and folded in half at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4”, for inside of card
  • By the Bay Designer Series paper: 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”, embossed with Timber folder, 2” x 4” piece
  • Sahara Sand: scraps to emboss greeting
Finish with some of the soon-to-be-retired In Color Opal Rounds.

Stamps:  Sea Turtles, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Polished Pink, Versamark
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Basic White, By the Bay Designer series paper
Other:  Timber embossing folder, Basics embossing powders (white), 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds

This coming Thursday will be my Retirement Workshop.  This is my yearly workshop where I give away stacks of cards from my stash with your make-n-take kits.  You don’t want to miss out!


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #seaturtles

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment