Saturday, April 8, 2023

April 2023 Virtual Workshop - Retirement!

Happy Saturday Crafty Friends!

If you have already sufffered through my video from Thursday night, you know what a real struggle I had with the third card.  OMG!  I have to laugh at myself, at just HOW much of a struggle I had with those measurements. I still had a good time sharing some ideas using Last Chance products.  Keep in mind - some of the things I've used are already out of stock and no longer available.  That's always a possibility once the Last Chance lists are released.  

I try to design my projects so that you can use something else, if you don't have what I'm using.  Don't have Art Gallery - use another flower.  Don't have Peaceful Deer - use some other trees or greenery, or take it in an entirely different direction!  I really love seeing what you all make with these kits when you don't follow what I did.  Love the different ideas!

Check out my Workshop of the Month page for details about my workshop - ordering and freebie info.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First project is a sweet card that features retiring stamps, papers, embossing folder, a punch, and even gems.  Stamp the flower and stem from Art Gallery and cut out.  Stamp your greeting and punch out with whatever punch you have.  I used the Rectangle Postage Stamp punch.  

Layer the Tea Boutique Designer series paper on the Petal Pink card base.  NOTE:  Petal Pink is NOT a retiring color.  Pear Pizzazz IS retiring.  


Paper measurements:
  • Petal Pink:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Tea Boutique Designer series paper:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Petal Pink: 2 1/2" x 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  2 1/4" x 4", embossed with Gingham folder
  • Baic White: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" with notched corner, to stamp and cut/punch flower/stem/greeting
I popped the flower and greeting up with Stampin' Dimensionals, and finished off with some Elegant Faceted Gems.  Use whatever gems you have!

Stamps:  Art Gallery, Flowers of Friendship
Ink:  Petal Pink, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Petal Pink, Basic White, Tea Boutique Designs Designer series paper
Other:  Floral Gallery dies, Gingham embossing folder, Rectangle Postage Stamp punch, Elegant Faceted Gems

Second project is actually a Joy-fold card, but I've turned it landscape.  I'm using the He's the Man designer papers on this one, as these are fairly neutral patterns.  Pull in the trees from Peaceful Deer, or any other small-ish trees that you might have.  Your make-n-take kit comes with a punched out Deer.

Paper measurements:
  • Early Espresso:  5 1/2" x 6 3/8", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Early Espesso:  1 7/8" x 5 1/4", embossed with Brick & Mortar folder
  • He's the Man Designer series papers (Suede/Espresso print):  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Sahara Sand:  4" x 6", scored and folded in half at 3"
  • He's the Man Designer series paper (Sahara weave print):  2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
  • Basic White:  2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp/cut greeting
  • Early Espresso:  scrap to punch out deer
Stamp trees on the Sahara Sand print paper, and the white for the inside of the card.


I popped the deer and the greeting up.

Stamps:  Peaceful Deer, Inspired Thoughts
Ink:  Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede
Paper:  Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, He's the Man designer series paper
Other:  Deer punch, Brick & Mortar embossing folder

My third project went absolutely off the rails!!!  Trust me that the measurements below are CORRECT.  I had a real struggle in my video getting the scoring correct.  :(  This center pop-up style card is really cool.  You just need some small pieces of designer series paper, or embossed cardstock, for the panels and add some focal images.  I'm using the Paradise Palms set, which I apparently did not use enough while I had it!


Paper measurements:
  • Pale Papaya:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 2", 3 1/8", 5 3/8", and 6 1/2"
  • Delicate Desert Designer series papers (two different prints):  (2) 1 7/8" x 5 1/4", (1) 2" x 5 1/4" (for center)
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp/cut palm trees and greeting

This is how it looks standing up - IGNORE the fact that the right side is bigger...that's using my bad math.  :) 

Finish off with some Gold Sequins, or whatever you have.  You can also add a panel of Basic White to the back (Center or side panels, whichever you choose) to write a message on.

Stamps: Paradise Palms
Ink:  Soft Suede, Evening Evergreen
Paper:  Pale Papaya, Basic White, Delicate Desert Designer series paper
Other:  Gold sequins

The fourth project is a fun and bright birthday card featuring retiring stamps, die and colors.  Pacific Point base, Mango Melody layer.  I cut the Mango Melody with the Picture This dies.  Stamp all over the front of the Pacific Point card base with candles in Pacific Point ink, then do the same with Mango Melody ink on the Mango die cut layer.  You can get this same tone-on-tone effect by using Versamark ink.  Pop up that Mango layer, and add your Party Puffins.


Paper measurements:
  • Pacific Point:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Mango Melody:  4" x 5 1/4", cut with Picture This die
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp/cut out Party Puffins, and greeting
I also colored all their bellies and faces with Clear Wink of Stella.

Stamps:  Party Puffins
Ink:  Mango Melody, Pacific Point
Paper:  Mango Melody, Pacific Point, Basic White
Other:  Iridescent Rhinestones, Clear Wink of Stella, Stampin' Write Markers (Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point)

The final project is a layered Notecard with envelope.  I cut my designer series paper to 3 1/2" x 5", to cover the ENTIRE front of the notecard.  If you prefer a border, then just trim this down a little bit...maybe 3 1/4" x 4 3/4".

Stamp and punch out Dragonflies.  I used Highland Heather for the dragonflies, and Blackberry Bliss for the greeting.  Note that these COLORs are NOT retiring.  But the stamps and papers are. If you don't have/like dragonflies, use butterflies or flowers...whatever you like.  I punched my greeting out with the Double Oval punch (NOT retiring).  Use whatever punch you have that works, or hand-cut your greeting.


Paper measurements:
  • Basic White Notecard/Envelope:  3 1/2" x 5" finished
  • Flowers & More (Hostess) Designer series papers:  3 1/2" x 5"
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", with notched corner to stamp/punch out dragonflies and greeting
I finsihed off with quite a few Iridescent Rhinestones.

Stamps:  Seaside Bay bundle
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Very Vanilla Notecard with envelope
Other:  none

I'll continue to show and share more ideas using retiring products over the next two weeks!   
 
Save the date!   On the last Thursday of the month, April 27th at 8:00pm ET, I will be holding my yearly sale of retiring products.  Everything will be 50% off catalog price.  You will also have to pay postage to get them delivered, or pick up from my house.  This will be on Facebook only (no YouTube).  I just don't want people commenting in two different places.  

After this one-evening sale, I'll post whatever is left on different Facebook groups, but I will never go as low as 50% off.  You guys get the first and only chance at my items at that great discount.

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet for this workshop.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #retirementworkshop

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment