Saturday, March 18, 2023

Greatest Journey Projects

Hi Crafty Friends!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  Today, I'm sharing projects that I made Thursday night, featuring the Greatest Journey bundle, along with some of the Naturally Gilded Designer papers (Online Exclusive item available)  You could certainly substitute for whatever stamps - I mostly used the greetings.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First project is a Faux Fence card.  There might be another name for this, but this is what I call it.  I cut my card base 4 1/4" x 11", folded in half, then cut the card front to only leave (2) horizontal 5/8" strips.  I used those two strips to glue my fence posts to.  Hand-cut the tops of the fence posts after you build it.

You could take this up a notch by embossing your fence posts with the Timber or some other wood looking embossing folder.  I left mine plain.  You could also have a wood colored fence.  Add a piece of designer series paper behind the fence, so that you don't see the message written on the inside through the fence slats.


Paper measurements:
  • Basic White Thick:  4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
  • Pretty Prints Designer series paper:  4 3/16" x 5 7/16" - just cut a smidge off two sides.
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", to stamp and die-cut flowers
  • Basic White:  5/8" x 4 1/4", (7-8) pieces for your fence posts
  • Highland Heather:  scrap to stamp greeting
Build your fence first, then add dsp behind it.  Stamp and cut out your flowers, and then color in however you like.  I used a bunch of different Stampin' Blends markers.

I finished off with some Iridescent Pearls and Clear Wink of Stella all over the flowers.

Stamps:  Greatest Journey
Ink:  Tuxedo (Memento), Blackberry Bliss
Paper: Basic White (Thick and Regular), Highland Heather, Pretty Prints Designer series paper
Other:  Clear Wink of Stella brush, Iridescent Pearls, Stampin' Blends (various colors)

Second project features the Emboss Resist Technique using the Naturally Gilded Specialty papers that are available now as part of the Online Exclusive products.  I chose to work with the Copper Foil print, and added color direct-to-paper.  That means I took my Night of Navy ink pad and smeared/dragged it over this piece of designer paper directly.  It soaks up a LOT of ink.  

After you ink it all up, go back and buff off the ink with a paper towel or tissue.  The ink will pool up on top of the embossed bits, so you want to wipe all of that off.  It was pretty messy for me, but I love the end result!

Paper measurements:
  • Night of Navy:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Copper Foil:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Naturally Gilded Specialty Designer Series Paper/Copper:  3 13/16" x 5 1/16"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Night of Navy:  scrap to die cut tag
You'll want to die-cut the tag, and butterflies out of the middle of your 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Copper Foil.  It's getting covered up anyway, so maximize your foil bits!

Smaller tag is embossed with Copper powder.  It's a little darker than the Copper Foil, but I don't mind the difference in shades together.

I wanted different textures, so I embossed the larger tag and butterflies with two different embossing folders from the Basics Embossing Folders (again, an Online Exclusive item available now).

Finished off with some Night of Navy 3/8" Bordered ribbon.  It looks like there are two shades in the ribbon - lighter in the middle, darker on the edges.

Stamps:  Greatest Journey
Ink:  Night of Navy, Versamark
Paper:  Night of Navy, Copper Foil, Basic White, Naturally Gilded Specialty designer series paper
Other:  Something Fancy dies, Meadows dies, Basics embossing folders, Metallic embossing powder (Copper), Night of Navy 3/8" Bordered ribbon

My third project this week is a altered notebook showing ink blending to create a starry sky - using Starry Sky ink!!!  I also used Gorgeous Grape ink.  I started with a piece of Highland Heather cardstock, instead of white.  When you do this, it takes less ink to get the coverage you want, and it's a nice coordinating base color.

Stamp some "stars" in White Craft ink, and let that dry.  You could emboss those with White powder if you want them to stand out more.

Die cut some mountain/hills and the person out of Basic Black cardstock.


Paper measurements for the Center Step cards:
  • Highland Heather:  4" x 6"
  • Basic Black:  scraps to die cut hills and hiker
  • Highland Heather:  scrap for greeting
I didn't want to put anything 3-D on this particular notebook, because I know where it will live - inside my purse...it's a rough life in there, so I know it will get beat up, and any embellishments will get snagged.

I did add a teeny tiny bit of Clear Wink of Stella to the lantern.

Stamps:  Greatest Journey bundle
Ink:  Starry Sky, Gorgeous Grape, Onyx (Versafine), White Craft
Paper:  Highland Heather, Basic Black
Other:  Clear Wink of Stella

I hope you enjoyed these projects, and can re-create maybe using something from your stash!

Next Thursday, I'll be making some things using the Texture Chic Memories & More Cards, along with the matching cards and envelopes. There is BOUND to be a mini album or journal somewhere in there!

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet for this month's workshop, featuring the Queen Bee Bundle.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #greatestjourneybundle #alterednotebook #fauxfence #embossresisttechnique

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment