Sunday, February 26, 2023

Craft Roulette Challenges #151 and #152

Happy Sunday Evening folks!  I'm actually multi-tasking right now, so we'll see how many mess-ups I have!  I'm uploading a video and trying to watch my friend with Gail on YouTube as she's making some Alternative cards with this month's Paper Pumpkin, AND I'm writing this blog post.  Might be two things too many!

I just realized that I never posted my Craft Roulette Challenge from last week - which was my 20th submission!  Since I signed up to be a Patreon and sponsor Craft Roulette, the extra four days that I get to submit my projects has been the incentive I needed to play every week.  I love it! 

Find Craft Roulette on YouTube @CraftRoulette and play along when you can!

Let's start with LAST WEEK's challenge - #151.   I was so happy to see the Cactus Cuties stamp set on the Clearance Rack, I had to use it!

Episode #151 parameters, and how I met them:
  • Project:  Card for a Friend
  • Colors:  Beachy - Blue Jeans + 2 - Misty Moonlight, Just Jade, Cinnamon Cider
  • Element: Starts with "F" - Four-Sided embellishments
  • Random: Stack(s) - stacks of cactus plants and designer papers

Paper Measurements:
  • Misty Moonlight:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored in half at 4 1/4"
  • Misty Moonlight/In Color DSP: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  for inside of card
  • Just Jade & Cinnamon Cider/In Color DSP:  4" x 1" and 4" x 1 1/4"???  strips stacked
  • Basic White:  scraps to stamp and hand-cut cactus plants, pots, and greeting
Stack and layer various designer series paper pieces.  I stamped and hand-cut all of my cactus plants and pots.  Stuck them together, and stacked them up on my card front.  Greeting is stamped and hand-cut.  Finish off with my Square (Four-Sided) gems.

Stamps:  Shaded Summer, Cactus Cuties
Ink:  Just Jade, Cinnamon Cider
Paper: Misty Moonlight, Basic White, 2020-2022 In Color Designer Series paper
Other:  2020-2022 In Color Square Embellishments

Now let's move on to THIS week's Craft Roulette Challenge #152.  This is my 21st submission, AND I made a process video for my card!  



Here's the video -


Episode #152 parameters, and how I met them:
  • Project:  Hinged - added a tip-in with a hinge
  • Colors:  Beachy - Kraft Background - easy!
  • Element: Outside your Window - IF we had owls around here, I might see this one outside.
  • Random: Faux Leather - linen ink pad direct-to-paper.

This picture shows the hinged tip-in.


Paper Measurements:
  • Crumb Cake:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored in half at 4 1/4"
  • Crumb Cake:  4" x 5 1/4" (which I ended up trimming down some, so my hinge would allow the front to close)
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of the card
  • Crumb Cake:  3 1/2" x 3 1/4", scored at 3 1/2" - this gives the 1/4" hinge
  • Crumb Cake:  3 1/4" x 3 1/4", embossed with Timber folder
  • Shimmery White:  scrap to stamp/color/cut out owl
  • Crumb Cake:  scrap to stamp/cut greeting

I hope you enjoy my challenge cards and video, and are inspired to play along if you can!  It's a lot of fun.   

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #craftroulettechallenge #craftroulettelive

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment