Saturday, January 14, 2023

Altered Rolodex - fun project!

Happy Saturday Crafty Friends!

Today's share is the project that I made on Thursday night. I've had a couple of these old style rolodexes in my stash for YEARS.  I bought them at a Scrapbook Expo, and the company is no longer in business so I won't bother to share it.  I did plenty of googling earlier in the week, to see who had anything similar.  I think your best bet is second hand stores, or even your own office!  You may have one of these yourself.  

You might also find a Memory Dex holder - same concept, but the pages are bigger.  Those are readily available online, and I've even seen them in Michael's.  I've got one of those that spins, but that's for a different project.  :)

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First step in this project is to pull out all of the dividers and trace them onto your designer series paper and cardstock with a pencil.  Hand-cut.  This did take me some time, but it's worth it.  You may be able to use a Scan n' Cut or other cutting machine for this part.  

Glue the designer series paper to the fronts, and the cardstock (Blackberry Bliss for mine) on the back.  Set those aside to dry, and you can get to stamping and punching all of your flowers.


Watch the video to see how I made a template with the Flowers & Leaves punch for my Stamparatus.  I used two plates - one for the flowers and one for the leaves.  Do all your stamping and coloring, then punch them all out.  Add Wink of Stella to all of them.

Now we're ready to add the labels at the top.  I used an old-timey label maker to make these, and glued them down. Then I stamped some images on the fronts in Blackberry Bliss ink.  It's not showing up very well, but it's there - tone on tone.  I did not bother to stamp anything on the back side, which is just straight Blackberry Bliss cardstock.  This is where I ran a Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blend around all the edges for each page - to cover up any cutting misfires, and the white edges.  Skip that step if you want.


Add flowers to each page.  I did two flower bunches per page.  Glued some down flat, and popped some up.  Finished off with some Classic Matte Dots (black) in all of the flower centers.  I went back after I finished assembly off camera and added a third black dot to each page.

Here's a side view - you can see how full it gets...the more dimensional things you add, the fluffier it gets.


No paper measurements, because you'll be tracing your own rolodex pages.   Obviously, I made all of my pages the same exact colors and themes.  You could make yours completely different - make each divider page different.  It's up to you!

Stamps:  Flowers of Friendship, Quiet Meadow, Ranunculus Romance
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Basic White, Pretty Prints designer series papers 
Other:  Flowers and Leaves punch, Classic Matte Dots, Clear Wink of Stella marker, old timey label maker, Stampin' Blends (Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive)

I hope you like this fun altered project.  I had fun creating it!  This coming Thursday, I'll be making a box for the 5" x 8" index cards that I found at Walmart AND a couple of 5" x 7" cards.  More fun!!!

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get this month's Make-n-Take packet and a free embellishment.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #alteredrolodex

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment