Saturday, July 16, 2022

July 2022 Virtual Workshop - Ringed with Nature

Hello Crafty Peeps!

I was so glad to be back with you this week.  It's been a rough couple of weeks, with my sister dying and my mom having her own issues, but I really felt better getting back into my craft room.  It's my happy place, so I need to spend time in there - for my own good, you know?

Normally I would have presented my monthly workshop on the first Thursday of the month, but I was busy crying it out, scanning in pictures of my sister, and helping my Mom make arrangements for her service.  I figured you'd all still be here to watch whenever I got to it.  :)  Without further ado...

The Ringed with Nature bundle was the very first thing that really caught my eye in the July-December 2022 Catalog.  I love that it has the embossing folder and coordinating dies, AND that it has multi-season uses.  It's not just for Fall, or just for Christmas.  It's got a lot of potential!  It also coordinates with one of the $50 Sale-a-Bration freebies - Rings of Love designer series paper.  I'm using those in this workshop as well.  I ordered the Ringed with Nature bundle at $53, and got the paper for free!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


For my first project, I called this one Sue's Four Fold.  I got the idea from my friend Sue, over at Krusin' Through Ink.  The foldy part is layered on to a 1/4 sheet of Poppy Parade, so it folds up and fits in a medium envelope.  Sweet!


Let's look at another picture before I give you measurements - You can see in this one that I glued that bottom piece of Rings of Love DSP on just 3 sides, so that you can slide in a gift card.  I used a business card because they're about the same size as a gift card.  You get the idea!


Paper Measurements:
  • Crumb Cake:  5 1/4" x 11".  Scored at 1 3/4", 4 3/8", and 7".
  • Poppy Parade:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Crumb Cake:  1 1/2" x 5", embossed with Timber folder
  • Rings of Love DSP:  (2 prints) 1 1/2" x 5"
  • Crumb Cake/Poppy Parade/Crushed Curry/Soft Suede:  scraps to stamp/cut tree ring and mushrooms
  • Basic White:  1" strip to stamp greeting
Fold everything, and glue down all of your 1 1/2" x 5" strips.  Then stamp/cut the tree ring (OR any other image if you don't have this bundle).   The Gold Shimmer ribbon is secured to the top flap, and then I popped the tree ring up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Mushrooms are popped up and then I added a little more pizzazz with the Clear Wink of Stella.

Stamps:  Ringed with Nature
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Basic White, Rings of Love Designer Series paper
Other:  Timber embossing folder, Gold 1/4" Shimmer ribbon

Next, I made a Faux Step Card.  I had a BEAR of a time finding and figuring out measurements that I like.  There are so many different variations of this.  Since this video, another friend has shared her measurements which I like better...so I'll make more of this style card later on with her measurements.

I do like making the step cards this way, versus the traditional cutting/scoring involved.  This is simpler. You'll need to watch the video for assembly.



Paper measurements:
  • Night of Navy:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored on the long side at 1", 2", and 5 1/4"
  • Night of Navy:  3" x 6", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  3" x 5 1/4" (for back OR inside)
  • Basic White:  3/4" x 5 1/4", to stamp greeting on
  • Rings of Love DSP:  3" x 5 1/4"
  • Rings of Love DSP (different print than above):  2 3/4" x 4"
  • Mint Macaron:  scrap to punch out with Lable Me Lovely punch
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp/cut out house (or whatever you have!)
It's really a matter of adhering all of your layers on the panels, and getting that step panel on.  I will definitely make more of this style card!

Stamps:  Ringed with Nature
Ink:  Soft Suede, Night of Navy, Versamark
Paper:  Night of Navy, Mint Macaron, Basic White, Rings of Love Designer Series paper
Other:  Label Me Lovely punch, Festive Pearls

The third card may be my favorite, because I am definitely a FALL girl!  Lots of texture and layers on this card.

I embossed a piece of Crumb Cake with the Tree Rings Hybrid embossing folder, then crumpled it up (some bits ripped and that's okay - adds to the texture!), then only slightly flattened it out and glued on to the Soft Suede card base.  It's not glued on evenly or straight - I like it that way.  

Add more layers and texture!  I crumpled up a piece of the Rings of Love DSP, and added a leaf from the Leaf Label and Gems pack.  Stamp and hand-cut some acorns.


Paper measurements:
  • Soft Suede:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Crumb Cake:  4 1/8" x 5 3/8", embossed with Tree Rings folder
  • Very Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4" (for the inside)
  • Rings of Love DSP:  3" x 3"
  • Crumb Cake:  scraps to stamp/cut acorns
  • Soft Suede:  1" strip to stamp greeting

The Leaf Label is popped up, and then hand-cut acorns are glued down flat.  Greeting is popped up.

I used some of the Amber Gems from the Leaf Label packet to finish.

Stamps:  Ringed with Nature
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Rings of Love Designer Series paper
Other:  Tree Rings Hybrid embossing folder (part of the bundle), Leaf Lable & Amber Gems pack

Last card is Christmas - you could make this card with any other poinsettia or flower set.  In fact, Merriest Moments would work too!  I've got different textures from the Cascading Ruffles and Merry Melody embossing folders.  I really like putting multiple patterns on the same card.


Paper measurements:
  • Evening Evergreen:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Evening Evergreen:  4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Cascading Ruffles folder
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4" (for inside of card)
  • So Saffron:  3 1/2" x 4 1/4", cut with Seasonal Labels dies, embossed with Merry Melody folder
  • Basic White:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp/cut poinsettias and greeting
  • Rings of Love DSP:  3" x 5 1/4"

This card is easy to assemble.  I include all of the pre-cut and embossed pieces.  All you'll need to do is stamp and hand-cut the poinsettias and greeting.

Finished off with some of the Festive Pearls (gold) for the poinsettia centers.

Stamps:  Ringed with Nature
Ink:  Poppy Parade, Evening Evergreen
Paper:  Evening Evergreen, So Saffron, Basic White, Rings of Love Designer Series paper
Other:  Seasonal Labels dies, Cascading Ruffles & Merry Melody embossing folders, Festive Pearls

I hope enjoy these ideas for the Ringed with Nature bundle. I really love that the Rings of Love DSP coordinates and is available for FREE through the end of August.  Take advantage of Sale-a-Bration!

Be sure to check all the details about my Workshop of the Month for ordering and FREEBIE info!



Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #virtualstampingworkshop #ringedwithnature #saleabration2022

Gift certificates available anytime!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment