Friday, January 14, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch 18 Challenge - Peaceful Deer

Can I still say Happy New Year even though it's the middle of January?!  I got a SLOW start on my {Build Your Stash Holiday} Cardmakers challenge for this month.  My goal is always to post something the first week of the month, and I am WAY behind.   I will have another Holiday card using this sketch for you this weekend.

For now - let's look at my FIRST creation for 2022!  I love the sketch...who am I kidding?  I love ALL of the sketches.  I love the idea of sketches, as a design tool.  It's a good way to get the creative juices going, if you're stumped.



Be sure to check out the BYSH Cardmakers blog post for the first look at this month's sketch, and link to the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group.  There is an album in their Facebook group that you can post your own creations in, and get your chance at a prize!  There are weekly blog posts with MORE ideas, so check the BYSHC blog often!

For this card, I grabbed some really old Designer series papers, with a deer print on them - to kind of coordinate with the deer I knew I was going to punch out.  Cherry Cobbler in the papers led me to use a Cherry Cobbler card base.

Stamped a line of trees, from the Peaceful Deer set, on the rectangle piece of Crumb Cake.  I think I used Crumb Cake ink, but that looks awfully dark...may have been Soft Suede.

I embossed the banner with the Evergreen folder, to keep the tree line going.  I hand-cut my banner.  All layers are glued on flat.

I punched out a piece of Early Espresso with my Deer punch, and popped him up.  

Finished off with some of the Cherry Cobbler rhinestones from the Garden Gems pack.

Here's a look at the sketch provided by Crystal Minkler:
 


Play along with this sketch and post your card to the Facebook Group!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Peaceful Deer
Ink:  Crumb Cake OR Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Wrapped in Plaid designer series papers
Other:  Evergreen embossing folder, Deer punch, Garden Gems

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #byshcsketchchallenge18 #byshcardmakers #christmascards 

Gift certificates available anytime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment