Monday, November 15, 2021

Craft Roulette #87 Challenge - Tigers

I think this is my 10th submission for the weekly Craft Roulette Challenge.  Mary Gunn Funn is live on YouTube every Friday night, so find her over there.  It's a great show, and the card parameters are determined by the spin of a wheel.  It's a lot of FUNN!  The biggest challenge for me seems to be finding time to actually make a card to submit in time.

I was happy to be able to crank this one out last night, and glad to use up some of these In the Wild papers.  

This week's parameters were:
  • Project:  Lil Chubby.  This is a Craft Roulette thing.  A Lil Chubby card is 4" x 8".
  • Colors:  warm colors
  • Element: It's a Sign.  I went a little far out for this parameter.  My sign is the Tigers...it's one of the Chinese Zodiac Signs. 
  • Random: Crumpled paper
I don't actually have any tiger stamps, but I did have some designer series paper, so I cut some out!  I also didn't want one continuous layer of the same print across the back of the card, so I cut (3) equal-sized panels from some of the other papers in that pack.  L

Layered on to Evening Evergreen.  The crumpled paper is some of the Eden's Garden Cotton Paper.   Perfect!  Added a bit of the Chevron Weave ribbon.  Everything is glued down flat, except for the words and the main tiger.  Those are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Paper measurements:
  • Cajun Craze:  8" x 8".  Scored at 4".
  • Evening Evergreen: 3 11/16" x 7 11/16" 
  • Basic White: 3 1/2" x 7 1/2"
  • In the Wild Designer Series paper:  (3 prints) 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
  • Basic White: 3 3/4" x 7 3/4" (for inside of card)
  • Basic White: scrap to stamp and hand-cut greetings
Here's a close-up so you can see how I placed some of the petal shaped Garden Gems, right on top of some of the leaves in the patterned paper - where's waldo???  I put (5) of those gems on here, can you find them?


I did fussy-cut those words, but it seriously didn't take me long.  I don't know why I've been doing that more lately.  I guess I have more patience for it, than I did 20 years ago!

I hope you find Craft Roulette on YouTube and subscribe - I think you'll like it!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Biggest Wish
Ink:  Evening Evergreen, Cajun Craze
Paper: Cajun Craze, Evening Evergreen, Basic White, In the Wild Designer Series papers, Ever Eden Cotton Paper (Evening Evergreen)
Other:  Evening Evergreen 3/8" Chevron Weave ribbon, Garden Gems

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #craftroulette #craftroulettelive

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment