Thursday, September 9, 2021

Slimline card exchange - Gorgeous Leaves

About a month ago, I did a single card exchange with another gal.  The theme was thinking of you...I think.  I honestly can't remember!  I had to mail it to Australia, and I don't know if she's received it yet but I'm sharing with you anyway, before I forget about it.  :)

I love the rich fall colors in the Beauty of the Earth designer series papers!  Oranges, greens, browns...yes, please!


Paper measurements:
  • Cajun Craze: 7" x 8 1/2", scored in half at 3 1/2"  ( I make my slimline cards 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" - you can make your slimline card whatever size you want! No rules!)
  • Garden Green: 3 1/4" x 8 1/4"
  • Beauty of the Season designer series paper:  3" x 8"
  • Very Vanilla:  3" x 3", cut with Layering Circles dies
  • Cajun Craze:  3" x 3", cut with Layering Circles dies
  • Very Vanilla: scraps for stamping and die-cutting leaves

The card base and layers are very straight forward - glue everything down.  Then I gold-embossed the greeting on Very Vanilla and cut with a circle die.  Cut a scalloped circle in Cajun Craze to layer that on.   I don't think I popped any of the layers up...and I no longer have the card for reference.

I stamped the Gorgeous Leaves on Very Vanilla in Cajun Craze, Garden Green, and Pumpkin Pie ink.  After I die cut all the leaves, I ink blended with those same colors around all of the leaves.  You can't even really tell that they are stamped on Vanilla.

Finish off with some different baker's twines from past Paper Pumpkin kits, and some Gilded Gems.

I hope she likes it - when she ever gets it!  :)

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Gorgeous Leaves, Thinking Thanks
Ink:  Versamark, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Beauty of the Earth designer series paper
Other:  Layering Circles dies, baker's twine (cajun and probably Bumblebee), Gilded Gems, gold embossing powder

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #gorgeousleaves

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment