Saturday, February 20, 2021

Coloring True Love papers

After sleeping in today, I thought I would start my day with some coloring while I watched my friend Gail color on her Facebook page.  I missed most of her Live show, so I had to go back and watch as I colored my own stuff...but that's okay.  I miss my friend, and I love hearing her voice as I work.  :)

I decided to color some of the flower print papers from the True Love designer series paper pack.  I had already cut my Pretty Peacock cardstock, to make a slimline card, so that's where I started with flower colors.  I grabbed my blues and greens and got busy!

I started with one of the largest bunch of flowers, using Pretty Peacock for the flower and Old Olive for the leaves.


I quickly decided that I did not want all of my flower bunches to be the same color, so I added Bermuda Bay, with Mossy Meadow leaves, and Pumpkin Pie flowers, with Just Jade leaves.  I think ALL the shades of green go nicely together.


I colored some along the edges on purpose.  You don't need an entire flower, if you'll be tucking them underneath of a larger flower.  I also saved the bits that I didn't color.  I can use these leaves and partial flowers, to add in to another project.

You can't really tell from the picture, but I ran the Clear Wink of Stella marker over ALL of the flowers and leaves...like three times.  It's VERY shimmery.  I also had this label stamped and die-cut, from my video on Thursday.  It's from the Simply Succulents bundle.  I also had just enough of this copper-edged white ribbon left over from a past Paper Pumpkin kit.  It fit right around this layer perfectly.

Notice that I embossed a small piece of Pretty Peacock with the Tin Tile embossing folder, and glued it near the bottom of card.  That's because the piece of the black/white background that I had wasn't long enough to cover the entire card front.  I improvised, and I like how it breaks up the card anyway. 
 
Are you ready to see the finished card now?  :)  I finished it off with some Black Matte Dots.  I love these things!  The Pumpkin Pie and Bermuda Bay flower bunches are glued to the card front.  The Pretty Peacock bunch is popped up with a lot of Stampin' Dimensionals.

 
I hope you've enjoyed seeing a little bit of my process for making this card.  With all the coloring and hand-cutting the flowers - it probably took me an hour to make this card.  Believe me - I don't usually spend that much time on ONE card.  But I love the end result, so that's okay.  :)
 
Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Simply Succulents bundle (stamps and dies)
Ink: Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Pretty Peacock, White, True Love designer series papers
Other:  Tin Tile embossing folder, Copper/White metallic ribbon, Black Matte Dots, Clear Wink of Stella marker

Don't forget to check out my Workshop of the Month! It ends next Sunday, along with Sale-a-Bration!
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment