Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Global Design Project #254 - Sketch Challenge

 Several weeks ago, I had the chance to stamp with some friends on-line.  Our goal was to use this sketch from the Global Design Project, to make some cards.  #GDP254  The Global Design Project is a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators who post weekly challenges and their creations for those challenges.  Everyone is welcome to join any challenge and post your projects.  

I don't usually get so far as to post my creation on their page, but they do have contests if you're interested....go check it out!  I like to visit their site for the challenges.  When you need a quick design idea to try, this is a good resource.  For this particular stamping adventure, I chose this Sketch Challenge design. 

These are the cards that I made using the sketch.  The general idea is a background layer, 3 things, and a greeting.
 
My first card was Halloween.  My background layer was just a piece of Magic in this Night designer series paper.  My 3 things were bats that I die-cut right from the same paper pack, using the Halloween Magic dies.  My greeting followed the sketch pretty closely - rectangle shape.  I also added some Metallic Mesh ribbon and Iridescent Pearls.

 
On my next card, I decided to emboss my background layer with the Old World Paper embossing folder (LOVE IT!).  I rubbed my ink pad directly on the raised, embossed bits to give it more color.   I used Terracotta Tile, and went with a tone-on-tone theme to stamp and die cut some leaves using the Love of Leaves bundle.  I also gold-embossed one of the leaves from Loyal Leaves on vellum and hand-cut that.  Finished with some Champage rhinestones.


For my last card, I flipped the design so that my whales could face the right direction.  I cut them out of the Whale of a Time designer series paper.  I've got a Pretty Peacock card base, with a Granny Apple Green matted layer of the designer series paper.  The Balmy Blue circle is embossed with the Seabed folder.  Whales are popped up, and I finished off with some Whale of a Time sequins.


I hope this design gives you some inspiration for your next project.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment