Saturday, August 15, 2020

Bright Posies

I've gone back to the Gorgeous Posies stamp set for a few more cards.   I love these bright colors, and this Gorgeous Posies stamp set has a simple enough flower that lends itself to hand-cutting.  I'm actually sharing two cards on this post, as they are very similar in technique.
 
I stamped these flowers and leaves on their respective card stock colors, so it's all tone-on-tone.  Pumpkin Pie, Magenta Madness, Bumble Bee, and Granny Apple Green.  Embossed the flower centers in black.  Hand-cut all of those, and attach the leaves to the backs of the flowers.

On this first card, I cut a piece of Whisper White with the largest die from the Ornate Layers dies - that's the eyelet-ish edged piece, then ran that through the Big Shot with the Tasteful Textiles embossing folder.  That is popped up on our Thick Whisper White card base, then the flowers are also popped up with more dimensionals.
 
  
 
On this second card, it's still a white-on-white card base.  This time, I've added a label from the Tasteful Labels dies, and then embossed that with the Scripty folder.  That is glued down directly to that Whisper White layer, and the flower popped up.

 
On both cards, I wanted the greetings to stand out, so I embossed them both it in White, on Basic Black card stock.  Punch out with the Tailored Tag punch on one, and hand-cut a strip on the second.

Finish with a few rhinestones!

I love these bright colors, but I can also see these same cards done with Autumn colors - my favorite!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Gorgeous Posies
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Magenta Madness, Bumble Bee, Granny Apple Green, Versamark
Paper: Whisper White (thick and regular), Pumpkin Pie, Magenta Madness, Bumble Bee, Granny Apple Green, Basic Black
Other:  Ornate Layers dies, Tasteful Labels dies, Tasteful Textiles embossing folder, Scripty embossing folder, Tailored Tag punch, Rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment