Thursday, July 23, 2020

Christmas in July - a few cards



I hope these cards inspire you to start, or add to, your holiday card collection for this year.  It's never too early to start, and I love the idea of Christmas in July!

I ended up changing things a wee bit during filming - so these are the cards I made during the video.  The only differences are the Magenta Madness instead of Just Jade for the tree, and the location of the greeting/poinsettia.



I demonstrated making these cards just this morning on Facebook.   If you did not catch me live, you can still watch it on my Facebook Page, OR you can click the picture below to view it on YouTube.  (If you don't see a picture, click HERE to see it on YouTube).


If videos aren't your thing, I'll show them all here.  I'll also list the stamps/colors/supplies under each card.

The first one gave me the opportunity to show a non-traditional holiday color.  My sample was in Just Jade, and then I made it in Magenta Madness on camera.  Otherwise, this card is somewhat clean and simple.

Stamps:  Perfectly Plaid, Itty Bitty Christmas
Colors:  Just Jade, Magenta Madness
Other:  In Color Enamel Dots

The second card, I used the Flowers for Every Season Memories & More cards/envelopes pack - Misty Moonlight.  I added a piece of Misty Moonlight designer series paper, did some embossing, and die-cut the greeting.  This is a sneak peek at the NEW bundle called Peace & Joy.  I love the different fonts in this word set, and the layering dies for the words....LOVE it.


My close-up doesn't show the silver embossed words very well, but you can see above that it says "to the world".  The stars/snowflakes are from the same stamp set.


As I was showing these new dies, I showed how I store my dies on these Art Bin magnetic sheets.  I've now got two sets of new dies on this magnet sheet.

Stamps:  Peace and Joy bundle (NEW in the upcoming August-December Catalog)
Colors:  Misty Moonlight
Other:  Tasteful Labels dies, Wild Rose dies, Tasteful Textiles embossing folder, Silver embossing powder, rhinestones

For the last card, I used one of the new set of leaves that I really like - to make a poinsettia.  Granted, it's not layered or anything, but you get the general idea here.

I used Merry Merlot for the card base, with a Garden Green layer.  Greeting is embossed in gold.  Finished them with some gold pearls, from the Metallic Pearls pack.  I really wanted to use some more Gilded Gems, but I don't have anymore!


Stamps:  Loyal Leaves
Colors:  Merry Merlot, Garden Green
Other:  Metallic pearls, gold embossing powder

That's it for my Christmas in July presentation this year.  I'll probably start sharing more holiday cards once September or October hits.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment