Saturday, January 4, 2020

Meant to Be Valentine

I wanted to use some new things to make a Valentine.  I got the cool Heart Doilies from the latest Mini catalog, and love them - Flirty Flamingo and Real Red!  I knew I wanted to use them, but wasn't quite sure until I was almost finished with the card.

I started off with the Red watercolor background that I made a few years ago.  I used Brusho Powder (red), on watercolor paper.  So I pulled that piece out of my stash and stamped the little hearts from the NEW set, Label Me Love, in Flirty Flamingo, Real Red, and Black - all over.

Then I wanted some gold, so I dug out my Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint, and splattered some all over with a paint brush and some water.  I'm NOT a good splatter-er yet...even when I use a box to contain it, I end up with splatters all over my stuff.  Enough landed on the card though, so it's fine.

I wanted to gold-emboss the greeting, so I did that right on the red doily using the Meant to Be set.  I love it!  I glued the Flirty Flamingo doily down first, then stapled the Black Glittered Organdy ribbon directly to my card to secure it. 

Popped up the Red doily on top of that, and it's done!

I've got a lot more Valentine ideas to share in the next month, so be on the look out for them.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Label Me Love, Meant to Be
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Real Red, Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Versamark
Paper:Watercolor, Basic Black, Real Red
Other:  Heart Doilies, Black 5/8" Glittered Organdy ribbon, Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint, Brush Crystal Powders (red), paint brush.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment