Monday, January 20, 2020

Birthday Cake Dies - Coordination Product Release Sneak Peak


Wow!  I am so happy with these dies!  Coming next month - the Coordination Product Release - will have the Birthday dies, which match the Happy Birthday to You stamp set that is one of this year's Sale-a-Bration offerings.  

These will be available until March 31, 2020 OR while supplies last...I wouldn't wait til March to get these if you really want them.  These Birthday dies are $27, which is just over half-way to the $50 purchase requirement to get the Happy Birthday to You stamp set as your FREE Sale-a-Bration choice.  I love it!

This picture shows all of the dies.  I cut out both of the leafy-pick pieces and the cake stand out of different color foil papers.  Why so much metallic??? No reason - other than I had scraps the right size laying around.  :)


Once I stamped and die-cut the cake and flowers.  I colored a little bit of the cake with Crumb Cake ink, and an aqua painter.  I squish the clear block into the ink pad, and use it as a palette.  NOTE:  I used regular weight Whisper White card stock for the cake part.  This cannot handle a ton of water, so I added color sparingly - do not cover the whole thing.


I stamped the extra flowers to cut out on Shimmery White card stock, so that is a bit sturdier.  I colored in all of the flowers with Purple Posy and Soft Sea Foam Blends markers. 

Did you notice the sweet stitched scallop rectangle behind the cake???  That's one of my new favorite things from the Mini cataog.  The Stitched So Sweetly dies.   Looks like I'll get a lot of use out of these dies.

Next up, you'll want to emboss that Purple Posy layer with the Parisian Flourish 3-D folder.  LOVE, love, love this!

I layered all my pieces with glue, glue dots, and stampin' Dimensionals.  Ran a Clear Wink of Stella pen over the entire cake, and all the flowers.  Add some pearls.


For the final step, I embossed "congrats", from the Seriously the Best stamp set.  I figure I already used Silver, Champagne, and Grapefruit Grove foil papers - I might as well do the embossing in GOLD.

I hand-cut the greeting, and attached with glue dots and Stampin' Dimensionals.

Here's the card again.


I'm thinking this will be wedding or engagement card.  It's going in my stash for now!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Happy Birthday to You, Seriously the Best
Paper:  Purple Posy, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Shimmery White, Champagne/Grapefruit Grove/Silver Foil
Other:  Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Birthday dies, Stampin Blends (Purple Posy, Soft Sea Foam), gold embossing powder, Basic Pearls, Clear Wink of Stella pen.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment