Monday, November 4, 2019

November Wedding Card #1


We actually have two weddings to attend this month.  This card was probably a favorite to make, because of all the leaves.  #moreleaves

The card features a border/frame stamp that I recently got from Unity Stamp Co, called Frondescence.  It might still be on sale.  It's a background size stamp.  I stamped on watercolor paper with a permanent black ink.  Then watercolored with some different markers and Zig Clean Color brushes.  I love them, and I'm so glad I took that class at the Scrapbook Expo this summer to learn about them.

After I did all the coloring, I embossed the Mr. and Mrs. on there, and then smeared Versamark ink all around the edges and added gold embossing powder.  So pretty!


I made the envelope with some old More Mustard card stock, and some leaf stamps that I don't know where they came from.  Stamped randomly, and then used the Envelope Punch Board to make the envelope.

The tag.  Oh, the tag.  I started off with one of those manilla tags.  It came in one of my Unity orders.  I sponged Delightful Dijon ink all over it - front and back.  Them stamped the same leaves that I used to make the envelope on the tag.  Rip the end, and sponge all the edges with Early Espresso.

The tricky part of the tag was the die-cut word.  It was a Hero Arts set (stamps and die).  The problem is that the die didn't show up well enough on that Dijon background.  So I stamped the words in Early Espresso, and thought the die would layer inside.  Well...it doesn't. 


The dies are the exact same size as the stamp.  BUT - all was not lost.  I just off-set it, so I still get a small shadow of the Espresso behind the gold.  It was good enough.  Finished off the card and the tag with some sequins.  I tied the envelope closed with some very wide Chocolate Chip ribbon, but didn't get a picture of that part.


Congrats again to our friends Angie & Gerald!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: To Have and To Hold, Frondescence (Unity Stamp Co), Congrats and die (Hero Arts), leaves (unknown)
Ink: Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso, Versamark
Paper:  Watercolor paper, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Gold Glimmer, manilla tag
Other:  Zig Clean Color brushes, fall colored sequins, Linen Thread, 1 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Gilded Gold embossing powder (Brutus Monroe).
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment