Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Happy Birthday Shawn!

I always seem to get my friend Shawn's birthday card off late.  It's like it hasn't been on my calendar ALL YEAR.  Every time though, I flip to September and act surprised that it's there.  :(  I really do have good intentions, but not all of my cards arrive on time.  This one will definitely be a few days late.

I wanted something fall-y, with leaves because it's September now, and I'm ready for leaves.  I flipped through my background pieces and found this awesome one that I made last year with Gamboge Brusho powders.  This was just spraying the paper down with water, and shaking out the powders.  Let it dry.  I think I did it on Shimmer White paper, but it's already in the envelope so I can't double-check.  Doh!

In my stash, I had a leaf set, Autumn Blessings, with a matching background stamp, Leaf Background, from Our Daily Bread.  Perfect for what I had in mind!  I first stamped the leaf background in Gold ink, but that wasn't gold enough, so I hit it up again with a few layers of Versamark ink and embossed it with gold.  Layered that on to Early Espresso.

I stamped the leaves on Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie card stocks, and also embossed in gold.  Hand-cut the leaves out.

More gold embossing for the sentiment, Bitty Birthday Wishes, from My Favorite Things.  Cut that little strip off and glued to the card front.

Die cut "Happy" out of Gold Foil, with a scrap of sticker sheet behind it, with the Merry Christmas dies.  I really get a lot of use out of these dies, NOT just for Christmas. 

I had a 2" bit of Early Espresso, which I ran through the Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  I love all that texture!  Taped some lace trim at the bottom of it, and popped that up with some Stampin' Dimensionals.  Then I stuck my "Happy" in gold foil on top.

Add the leaves with Stampin' Dimensionals and liquid glue, and then pop the entire thing up on the Pumpkin Pie card base.  Finish off with some gold sequins.

Again, I wish my friend Shawn a very happy birthday!
 
Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Autumn Blessings and Leaf Background (Our Daily Bread), Bitty Birthday Wishes (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Shimmer White, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
Other:  Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Brusho Powders (Gamboge), Gold embossing powder, Lace trim, Tombow liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment