Sunday, June 23, 2019

Seaside Notions Tags

I had some pieces of Tranquil Tide left on my stamping desk, so I thought I'd put them together with the Seaside Notions stamp set.  I have to tell you - I've been hand-cutting these seahorses out, and I really don't mind at all.  10 years ago, I would never have entertained hand-cutting anything...I don't know why, but I do it quite often now.

The tag started out as a 2" strip.  Maybe 2" x 4 1/2".  Cut the the top with the Scalloped Tag Topper punch, then emboss the whole thing with the new High Seas embossing folder

Like I said, I stamped the seahorse then hand-cut them out.  I also stamped the greeting on a strip of Soft Seafoam card stock, and just ripped off the ends.

I built the tag up with vellum cut from the 2nd largest circle from the Stitched Shapes dies.  Then I added some Tranquil Tide and Soft Seafoam, punched with 2" and 2 1/4" circle punches.  Layer everything with a combination of Liquid glue, glue dots, and Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Finish off with some rhinestones and tie some Rope and White/Silver Baker's Twine.

I thought the rope will look good when I tie it on a kraft gift bag.

I hope you are inspired to make some tags of your own!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Seaside Notions
Ink: Tranquil Tide, Soft Seafoam
Paper: Tranquil Tide, Soft Seafoam, Vellum
Other:  Stitched Shapes dies, High Seas embossing folder, Scalloped Tag Topper punch, 2" and 2 1/4" circle punches, Rope trim, Whisper White/Silver Baker's Twine, rhinestones, glue dots, liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment