Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Awesome Birthday card

Want to know what I find the most awesome about this card?  The fact that I already had the background piece made, and in my ready-to-use pile.  SWEET!  I made this a few months ago, when I was first playing around with the Brusho Color Crystals.  It's watercolor paper, water spritzed, and a combination of the red, yellow, and gamboge Brushos.  It was just waiting!

I decided to keep the red, and I added some Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody.  I LOVE the Mango!  The card base and Happy Birthday are Mango Melody. 

I stamped images from Gorgeous Grunge and Epic Celebration randomly all over the front.  Stamped the shoes on watercolor paper with Basic Black ink, and colored them in with red Brusho mixed with a little bit of water.  Heat set, and hand-cut.

You may not be able to see it, but the black circle is embossed with the new Subtle embossing folder.  

Everything glued or Sticky Strip'd down on the card, except for the shoes.  They are popped up with some dimensionals.

I used current colors, along with some retired and Paper Pumpkin stamps.  I am getting a lot of use out of this Epic Celebrations stamp set!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Epic Celebration (Sale-a-Bration 2018), Gorgeous Grunge (retired), Many Manly Occcasions (Paper Pumpkin, May 2016)
Ink:  Basic Black, Mango Melody
Paper:  Mango Melody, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, watercolor
Other:  Big Shot, Subtle embossing folder, Banner Triple punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Starburst punch, Brusho Color Crystal, Stampin' Spritzer, Aqua Painter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow glue, Sticky Strip

I hope you like these colors together as much as I did!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment