Saturday, March 31, 2018

Easter treats 2018!

I'm finally getting around to using the Mini Egg Cartons that I bought last year...I didn't use ALL of them, but I only have a hand-full left now.  That's progress, AND I got some cute treats made for my family this year.


Quick run-through for how I decorated these Mini Egg Cartons:

1.  Wrap a 2" x 12" strip of designer series paper around the carton.  Pull it snug, and glue it down with Tombow Liquid Glue.  It's a tight fit - it barely wraps around the carton.  I have the seam (where the ends of the papers come together) on the TOP of the carton, so that I can cover it up with the layered circles.  Tie ribbon around the whole thing, with the bow to the side. 

2.  Use the largest size circle from the Stitched Shapes Thinlits to cut out a piece of colored card stock.  Punch a 2 1/2" circle of Whisper White card stock.  Stamp some background all over.  Layer those pieces, and attach to the top of the carton with Stampin' Dimensionals.

3.  Stamp and hand-cut your bunny and your greeting.  I tucked the greeting strip behind the bunny with a glue dot, then popped him up on top of the circle with more dimensionals.

Here's a close-up of the top bit.  


Each carton got some mini eggs and random small chocolates piled in.


Most of the supplies that I used are retired, but as I always say - use what you have!

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create these:

Stamp:  Chocolate Bunny (retired), Teeny Tiny Wishes, Playful Backgrounds
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Calypso Coral, Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaron(retired)
Paper:  Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaron (retired), Succulent Garden designer series papers (retired)
Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Thinlits, 2 1/2" circle punch, 1/4" Whisper White grosgrain (retired), 3/8" Very Vanilla Taffeta (retired), Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tombow Liquid Glue

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment