Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Birthday Blooms gift tag

I had a little something to give someone, and I really wanted to use PINK.  Pink paper, pink ribbon...pink pink pink.  The ribbon that I had is a retired colored, Pretty in Pink.  That's okay, because guess what?  I still have a pack of Pretty in Pink card stock to go with it, along with a juicy marker!

Here's a close-up of the tag:


It doesn't show all of the sparkle, but the very inside of the bigger flower is glittery.  I started off embossing the flower images with Gold embossing powder.  Colored them in with markers, and then hand-cut them.  Easy enough.  Also embossed the greeting and punched that out.

Then I made the tag.  Bottom layer is Regal Rose (also retired).  I think it's 2 1/2" wide.  The Pretty in Pink strip under it is 2" wide (fits inside the Banner Triple punch).  I stamped speckles all over that with Regal Rose ink, and then mounted to the Regal Rose piece and hand-cut the banner edge.

Added a doily, and then layered on flowers, the greeting piece, and 2 clear faceted buttons that I found.  Tied on to the bag using two different kinds of Pretty in Pink ribbon.  I love it!!!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Birthday Blooms
Ink:  Versamark, Regal Rose (retired)
Paper:  Regal Rose (retired), Pretty in Pink (retired), Whisper White
Other:  Banner Triple punch, Tea Lace Doily, Clear Faceted buttons/gems (retired), Pretty in Pink Ribbon (5/8" Satin and 1/4" Stitched grosgrain, both retired), 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, markers (Pretty in Pink & Certainly Celery, both retired), Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow liquid glue

As with any project, you can certainly substitute anything that I've used - don't have the retired Pretty in Pink paper or ribbon?  Use Pink Pirouette, Flirty Flamingo, Powder Pink - or any combination of those!  Don't have the Birthday Blooms stamp set?  Use another flower that is an outline image, so you can still emboss and color it in.  Look through your stash!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment