Thursday, January 4, 2018

Framed Art Gifts

I couldn't post these until after Christmas, because three of them were gifts.  I had four 8x10 picture frames in my stash, so on Black Friday when a few of my friends came over to craft - this was their challenge.  Take this picture frame, and make something to go in it for display.

I chose to re-do a scrapbook page that had been on my fridge for the past 10 years.  The papers were faded, and the plastic holder broke... so I had to do something with it.  This is my friend, Virginia, and I.  Photo taken at Stampin' Up Convention in Denver in 2007.  This was actually one of our Make & Takes at Convention that year.   They took our picture, printed it out right there, and we made this 12x12 scrapbook page.

This is what I transformed it into.  I got the picture off without damaging it, and trimmed it down a tiny bit.  Then I gave it a whole new look with some interesting paper for the background, some stamping, and some doo-dads.  The front of this is very 3-d - a lot of that stuff sticks up, so the glass is BEHIND the picture.  It gives it some stability, and if I took it out entirely, the back of the frame wouldn't fit right, and I'd have to add a bunch of cardboard or something.


Lori made this one for her dad, with a baseball theme.  I love all the papers and elements that she put together for this.

Jamie made this one for her mom,  using a picture of her Grandmother.  The tatted lace is one that her Grandmother actually made.  That's a nice touch to include something like that in your projects.  Now it can be displayed, and enjoyed by everyone, not tucked away in a box.

Diane made this one, for one of her friends to use for a picture taken at Ocean City last year.  Fun beachy theme!  Di left the glass in her frame, so it's a flat page.


I love how we all went down a different path with our frames, and they all turned out great!

If you've got spare picture frames laying around, take another look at them - you might be able to craft something awesome with them.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment