Friday, January 26, 2018

Adorable gift boxes

Boxes are one of my favorite things to make.  Favorite.  When I got the Picture Perfect Party paper stack, I immediately thought I wanted to make a box lid out of one of those prints (I love the photographic prints in this paper stack).  So I did.  

I loved it so much, I looked through my 6x6 Wood Textures stack for another good print to use.  Found one that is perfect!  Can you just see adding a tag, "Wood you be mine?" and putting some candy for Valentine's inside?  Too bad Hubby isn't a lumberjack, otherwise this would be perfect for him.

The boxes are 3 1/2" square.  For this style of box, notice how the box bottom peeks out so you can see the color?  It's all in the measurements.

TOP/LID:  6x6 paper.  Score each side at 1 1/4".

BOTTOM: 6 15/16" x 6 15/16" paper.  That's just a smidge under 7x7.  Score each side at 1 3/4".  

That makes the sides of your box bottom taller than the sides of the top/lid.  When you slide the lid down on the box, it only goes until it hits the box bottom.

This shows my basic open-box scoring and cutting.  You're cutting flaps, that will fold up in the inside of the box.  Use Sticky strip or Tombow liquid glue - a strong adhesive, to adhere your flaps.


I didn't do anything otherwise fancy for these, but I love how they turned out!  I didn't even do any stamping.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create these:

Paper:  Picture Perfect Party designer series stack, Wood Textures designer series stack, Berry Burst, Basic Black
Other:  Mini Gift Bows, 5/8" Burlap ribbon, Sticky Strip

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment