Friday, December 15, 2017

25 Days of Christmas 2017 - Day 15

Happy Friday!  Today is Day 15 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 ideas, and I bring you a Christmas card with a twist.  Lemon Lime Twist!  I love this color, and it looks great paired with Real Red.  I just got this Santa's Sleigh stamp set and thinlits, so I had to play with them.  I love the funky tree.


For this card, I also went outside my box and colored some of the Merry Music specialty paper with a mix of rubbing alcohol and reinker.  I put about 10 drops of Lemon Lime Twist in a Stampin' Spritzer bottle and filled the rest with rubbing alcohol.  It really doesn't take much to fill it up.  Shake it up, so the reinker mixes in thoroughly.

I dried out my kitchen sink with a paper towel, set my Merry Music sheet of paper in there and spritzed all over.  Let it dry.  It dries pretty quickly - it's alcohol.  Once it was dried, I got my hand wet and flicked some water on it.  This gives it a splotchy effect.  Not a great picture, but you can see some lighter spots, right?  This might be more effective with a darker ink color, but I wanted to give it a try.


I cut a piece of vellum card stock, 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" (exactly 1" shorter on both sides, than a card front) and ran it through the Big shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder.  I attached the vellum to my card front with glue that was placed mostly underneath where the trees are, so it's hidden.  I had to give it a few dots towards the top to hold that down. 

13 rhinestones on ONE card?   CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.  Two trees are attached directly to the front of the vellum with lots of glue dots.  Tree in the middle is popped up with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.


Lots of dimension and texture with this card.  It'll definitely have to be hand-delivered, or put extra postage on it to get it hand-cancelled at the post office.

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Santa's Sleigh
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red
Paper:  Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red, Whisper White, Merry Music specialty designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Santa's Sleigh thinlits, Softly Falling embossing folder, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Lemon Lime Twist reinker, Stampin' Spritzer bottle, Tombow Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for checking out Day 15 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 challenge.  I hope you enjoyed today's card.

Happy stamping,

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment