Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas Truck


Sorry I couldn't share this before now, but my mom would have seen it here on my blog - and it was for her Christmas present.  You may recognize the truck style - everyone is making UPS trucks, mail trucks, and even buses out of this pattern.  So cute, and fairly easy to make!  I put some candy, and checks in it to get her new tires from me, my sister and brother.  Her truck is burgundy, so that's where I was going with this idea.

I found a great pattern from Rachel Tessman.  She has kindly posted instructions AND pictures, so be sure to save this link, so you can make your own little truck:

http://www.stampyourartout.com/stampyourartout/2016/11/ups-is-making-deliveries-in-mini-trucks-the-weekend.html

The biggest tip that I have is to NOT use the Tear and Tape Adhesive (same as Score-Tape).  I used that at first, and the wheels came off.  It's just not strong enough.  So I had to go back and glue them on with my trusty Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  Great stuff.

Also, the back of the truck is where it opens.  The closure is velcro.  I would suggest a magnet instead.  The velcro is too lumpy, and hard to get it stuck on nice without caving the back of the truck in.

I did not realize that the Jolly Hat Builder punch was on the list of "while supplies last".  I can't seem  it on the web site anymore, so I apologize if you missed out on ordering that. 

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create these projects:

Stamps:  Good Greetings (retired hostess set), Oh What Fun, Playful Backgrounds
Ink:  Cranberry Crisp (retired)
Paper:  Cranberry Crisp (retired), Basic Black, Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Other:  Jolly Hat Builder punch, Owl Builder Punch, 1 1/4" and 1" circle punches, Glimmer brads (retired, they are Slate colored)

I hope you all had enjoyable holidays this weekend!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment