Sunday, July 10, 2016

Flower Patch Drapery Fold

I finally got the Drapery Fold technique down!  Only took me 6 tries, but I finally got measurements that I like.  Google for "drapery fold" or "curtain fold", and you'll get many tutorials for how to do this. 

These are the designer paper measurements and scores that I decided on, for a portrait-oriented card.

DSP:  3 1/2" x 9"

Score at  1 1/2", 2", 3", 3 1/2", 4 1/2", 5", 6", 6 1/2", 7 1/2", and 8".

Then you need to cut, from the very bottom of your first score mark (1 1/2") up at an angle til about 1" from the top of the right side of your strip of paper.  Fold like curtains, and I attach a line of sticky strip/red-line tape to the top of the back side to really keep all the folds in place.   I also put some liquid glue under the middle-ish are of the curtain, to keep it smashed down - that's just my preference to have it tightened down.


Here's a close-up to show where to start your cut.


Have fun with this technique!  The card on the right was my first finished attempt, after I got the cutting and scoring the way that I liked it.

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create this (the card on the left anyway):

Stamps:  Flower Patch, Birthday Blossoms
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Sweet Sugarplum, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Blooms & Bliss designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Flower Flair Framelits, Sweet Sugarplum 3/8" Ruched ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, sticky strip/red-line tape, Tombow liquid glue.

Order your supplies on-line here.

Happy Stamping,

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment