Monday, August 31, 2015

Halloween Inlaid Words technique

Just saw this "inlaid words" technique on Connie B's site, and had to try it.  So easy, and so cute!   What you do is cut your shape (I used the circle here).  I cut a black circle and then I stamped the chevrons and cut out with the same circle thinlit.  That was from the Seasonal Frame Thinlits dies.  It's a 2 1/4" circle. 

Then you cut the words out of a scrap piece of black cardstock, and then cut them again out of the pumpkin/circle.  I stamped Jack's eyes on, and then you build it back together.  Tape the top half of Jack's face to the black circle, then I used liquid glue to adhere the words, then add the bottom of his face.  It all fits back in nicely!  I'm definitely going to try some more of these.  I like them!

I also embossed the background with the Woodland embossing folder, and added some Dazzling Details glitter to the trees.

"Halloween" is from the Sweet Hauntings stamp set.  I just inked up the word halloween with my marker, and stamped it.

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Sweet Hauntings, Sparkly Season
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Basic Black
Other:  Big Shot, Woodland embossing folder, Seasonal Frame thinlits, Greetings thinlits, Label Bracket punch, Dazzling Details, Pear Pizzazz ribbon, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Order your supplies on-line here.

Happy Stamping,

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment