Monday, June 1, 2015

Chocolate Cake

I was in a "chocolate cake" frame of mind when I made this card.  I wanted to use some new stuff, and I think this Build a Birthday set is going to be one of my favorites this year!

I paired Early Espresso with the Tip Top Taupe cardstock.  The Tip Top Taupe piece is embossed with a new folder.  I stamped the "birthday wishes" all the way up the strip of Early Espresso,  Stamped it, then stamped again without reinking, so it goes dark/light/dark/light all the way up.  It's easier for me to see the words, and where I want to stamp them when I start from the bottom.

Cake layers are Early Espresso, Tip Top Taupe, and Crumb Cake.  I went with Gold Encore for the base and candle.

Can't wait to use this set some more!  Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to use.

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Build a Birthday
Ink:  Early Espresso, Tip Top Taupe, Crumb Cake, Gold Encore
Paper:  Early Espresso, Tip Top Taupe, Very Vanilla
Other:  Big Shot, Boho Chic embossing folder, Ovals Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals

Order your supplies on-line here.

Happy Stamping,

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment