Saturday, September 1, 2012

Christmas magnet frame

Are you like me and kept buying these little 3 1/2" square magnets, thinking you'd do something with them???  I finally had a brainstorm tonight and now I can't wait to make some more!  Designer paper for the base layer is thin enough to slide smoothly into the acrylic frame without breaking it.  You don't want it too bulky.  You can totally change out your insert for different holidays throughout the year...

I stamped my images and punched out with the Postage Stamp punch.  Taped onto a piece of Brushed Gold cardstock and trimmed it down.  I wanted to leave a good bit of that pretty designer paper showing.
 
Stamps:  Joyous Celebrations
 
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Snow Festival designer series papers
 
Ink:  Gumball Green, Early Espresso, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple
 
Other:  Postage Stamp punch, 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" Acrylic magnet frame (I probably got it at the dollar store or Walmart)

1 comment: