Saturday, May 19, 2012

Timeless Portraits - Gift box and note card

Made this gift box, with a matching note/gift card.  I found a few of the note cards on the bottom of my stamp table, so I'm trying to use them up instead of just tossing them.  I TRIED to clean my stamp room today, but I always get distracted with stamping.  :)

Anyway, I've made this size box before, and it really holds a good size gift.  I've also made it to hold up to 20 cards and envelopes!  It's a tight squeeze, but they fit.

I'll take some pictures of one in progress later this week, but the basics to make this box are:

  • Cut (2) pieces of cardstock (I used designer papers for my TOP here), to 10 3/4" x 12".
  • Trim 1/16" off of (2) sides of the BOTTOM piece...make sure it's two sides that are touching each other, like the West side, and the North side. 
  • Score all sides on both pieces in at 2 1/2".
  • Cut flaps and assemble.

Stamps:  It's Your Day

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Timeless Portraits designer series papers

Ink:  Black

Other:  Black 5/8" Satin ribbon, 1", 1 /4", and 1 3/8" circle punches

Here's a side view of the box:

1 comment:

  1. Very cute idea, especially if you have years worth of discontinued paper!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete