Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another Medallion - new (botched) technique

This is my favorite from my recent Medallion class.  It's actually a BOTCHED ATTEMPT at a technique that we learned at convention using Stampin' Mist.  I used the wrong cardstock and the wrong ink...not realizing until I spritzed and stamped that it was totally wrong, but I liked it.

I inked up the Medallion stamp with Basic Grey ink.  Lightly spritz with Stampin' Mist, and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock.  Let it dry, and you have this mottled effect.  I liked it, so I went with it!

Card is 4 1/4" square.

Stamps:  Medallion, Sincere Salutations

Cardstock:  Basic Grey, Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink:  Basic Grey

Other:  Basic Black Taffeta ribbon, Clear Rhinestone brads, Stampin' Mist, Large and Scallop Oval punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, Crop-o-dile (to punch the hole in the middle of the card).

No comments:

Post a Comment