Friday, July 30, 2010

Bloggers Challenge - Color Combo

This week's Bloggers Challenge is to use Black, White, and any other color....well I cheated a little bit.  I had something entirely different in mind, but then I stopped at Joann's today.  Found a pair of grey and pink striped gloves, and immediately thought of my friend Melaine.  She wears gloves all the time - she's skinny and always cold...I don't have that problem.  :)

Anyway, they were perfect for her, so I changed my plans.  Made this Box Card out of 12x12 cardstock, and a lid.  I've made so many of these, that I don't need a pattern any more - here's some very basic instructions.

For the Card Box:  Score 12" x 12" at 4" on each side.  Cut off the corners (so it looks like a Stop Sign shape).  Score those corner pieces (what's left of them), and fold in.  They just hang out inside the box...you don't want to tack them down since this is a "Box Card".  You want to be able to open the box, and write in the middle of it.

For the Lid:  Cut cardstock approximately 6 3/16" (that's one mark on your 12" cutter, plus half of another mark) - square.  Score each side in at 1". 

Embellish as you see fit!  I like to make a little square on the very inside, and write on that.

Stamps:  Friends Never Fade, Fifth Avenue Floral

Cardstock:  Basic Grey, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White

Ink:  Basic Grey, Pretty in Pink

Other:  Flowers #2 Die, Big Shot, Clear Rhinestone brad, Crop-o-dile, Pretty in Pink Satin ribbon, Pop-Up Glue dots, glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

19 comments:

  1. Great box, I'm sure Melanie will love her matching gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute box and so special to make it to match the gloves. I know she'll enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful box Toni! Perfect for your friend's gift! I'll have to try to make one of them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea and the box turned out great. Love the gray/pink together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice little box and a thoughtful gift for your friend! Gray and pink look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! You've made the perfect box to match your gift of gloves!! This is just too cute! and I'm impressed you know all this without notes!! Great color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful box and to match the gloves!!! Love the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful box and thoughtful gift! Love how you matched it up perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool box and it matches the gift too. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great box...and a great way to give a special small gift! I'm sure she'll love her glove and matching box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute box! Love that you created it to match the gloves for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toni - this is a WONDERFUL box!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to present a gift! Thanks for sharing your directions--I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty. Pink is so elegant with black and white and you are so clever to make something that is NOT a card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW...goregous box! Love the color choice! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice. What a gorgeous box with flower on the top.

    ReplyDelete