Friday, January 22, 2010

Bloggers Challenge - Die Cuts!

I love this week's challenge to use die cuts or punches - I used both!  I got this Shaker Box Sizzix die, and have been anxious to make some cuteness with it.  I love it!  It's so little and cute, but still big enough for a nice treat for someone.  The M&Ms that I got for Valentine's didn't match my papers, so I used these other candies temporarily.


I found a little piece of transparency and stamped hearts on it with White Staz-on.  It dries nearly instantly...although the white Staz-On ink does tend to stick to your rubber, so I had to work it over with the Staz-On cleaner for a while to get it nice and pristine again.

I love all my punches too!  The only stamping that I did on this was the transparency to cover the cut out square inside the Shaker Box.

Then I made the belly band with a little strip of my designer papers, and attached some punched out pieces directly to the belly band, so it still slides off.


Stamps:  Sprinkles (which I got for FREE as my SAB freebie with my last order!)

Cardstock:  Rose Red, Regal Rose, Raspberry Tart designer papers (retired last year...sorry, but it matched my mojo tonight)

Ink:  White Staz-On

Other:  Shaker Sizzix die (it's one of the long ones), Scallop Circle punch, Large Heart punch, 3-Heart punch, transparency sheets, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

17 comments:

  1. as always this is a great project!
    Jennifer Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your box, what a sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the tone on tone color,...and then the pop of the DSP heart! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little box! Anyone would love getting this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Great project for Valentine or any time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were very successful in creating some cuteness! This is a great project idea. I especially like how you used the transparency!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project, Toni! I love the belly band with the punches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great die! I looked all over for it in the SU catty -- I so wish they sold it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Very cute and a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your box rocks...and love the color combo...Yes white is so hard to remove from the stamps..
    TFS
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome box- love the sentiment in stazon too- never tried the white. Sweet project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this box!!! And those sweet treats too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty!!! Love the paper and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. -Sorry to be soooo late in viewing your great project--time just got away from me.

    Love how you layered your hearts. It's great!

    Hugs, Nola

    ReplyDelete