Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bloggers Challenge - Embellishments!

For this week's challenge, we had to use embellishments of some sort. I made this card to use some non-traditional holiday colors, AND used the new FIRE Rhinestone brads. I love these colored gems! I didn't get them on evenly, but his buttons can be a little crooked. Oh darn...now that I look at it, I need to color in his top hat too. Doh!

Stamps: Frosty, Itty Bitty Background

Cardstock: Real Red, Only Orange, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Grey, Real Red, Only Orange

Other: Fire Rhinestone brads, Ticket corner punch, Markers (Only Orange, Real Red, Glorious Green)

14 comments:

  1. Cute card...the brads look great as buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Toni, but aren't you afraid the "hot" buttons will make him melt? tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! the rhinestones make perfect buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I wouldn't have pictured a snowman card with such nice bright cheerful colors but it's nice. Those "Fire Brads" are a great. I may try that with the "Ice" ones for a more frosty type look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hot buttons on that Frosty! He's just the best snowman around, I think! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Frosty. Lot's of bling. I've been hoarding my rhiney's and better start using them. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the brightly colored Frosty and his bling! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea to make the rhinestone brads into buttons - love it!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. the brads are adorable. I haven't used my frosty set in ages -- but he is so cute! and maybe his hat is just white :^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the brads as his buttons, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I like the red/orange color combination for a snowy weather card and the brads make perfect buttons for Frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CUTE! I love snowmen and Frosty is one of my favorite sets...great job with the hot rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute Toni! I love the rhinestones as buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete