Friday, September 28, 2007

Bloggers Challenge - Spectrum Pads



This week's challenge is to use SPECTRUM pads! I love these pads, but I don't seem to use them enough. You get a lot of color from just one ink pad. For the background here, I used glossy cardstock, and masked over half of it. Brayered on the ink. Flipped it around, masked the inked half, and brayered the other half. I didn't get my masking quite perfect though, so there's a little bleeding over of the edge. It's good enough for a person though!

Stamps: Autumn Fest, Birthday Greetings (sorry...it's retired)

Cardstock: Old Olive, Basic Black, Glossy

Ink: Pumpkin Patch Spectrum, Basic Black

Other: rubber brayer, Old Olive eyelets, Stampin' Dimensionals

21 comments:

  1. VERY pretty, Toni! I like that technique!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. The technique is fabulous with this card. One common theme with all the blogger's challenge players is that we all say we rarely use our spectrum pads...but all of the cards rock! Funny that we don't use them more often...an easy way to get a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful "fall" themed card. Very striking and I like how you did the reverse brayering on each half the card. The leaf image is very bold and colorful. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your challenge card this week Toni - has alot of WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - such vibrant colors, perfect for this time of year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Toni. I love the split look of the background! Brings a new look to a familiar idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Toni... this is so pretty. Guess I need to get a spectrum pad now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am CASING this! Great job, fast, easy, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you did the background--what a great idea! I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool Toni! I love the vibrant colors and your split background technique really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Pretty Toni!! I really like your clean designs!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love what you did with that brayer! very very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Easy but simple....a real WOW! It's a perfect card for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I want to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card Toni - love how you did the bg piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love those vibrant colors. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice, Toni. I love how you flipped the two brayered pieces. And the colors are so even and bright. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You go girl, love when fast cards come together like that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you truned a fall-ish card into a birthday card. Really pretty

    ReplyDelete