Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bloggers Challenge

This week's challenge was EMBOSSING! Embossing can be your typical heat embossing with powders, or dry embossing. I opted to go for some heat embossing with a twist. Did you know that you can emboss with Classic ink pads??? I wanted to use the In Color - Groovy Guava, just because I like it so much. Well, it only comes in the Classic pads (dye ink), which dries immediately. The trick to embossing with a dye ink pad is to use Versamark ink as well. I'm sure this technique probably has an official name, but I don't know what it is.

First, you ink your stamp up with your Versamark ink pad. Then you put that inked up stamp right onto your Classic ink pad and stamp it down! Add some Clear embossing powder, heat it up, and you're done. I paired the Groovy Guava with Old Olive in this card. I did use the Old Olive Craft pad, and again added Clear embossing powder. Try it out when you have a few minutes. How cool would it be with a Spectrum pad??? You could also get crazy and make it really sparkly with some Iridescent Ice embossing powder instead of the Clear.

Stamps: Bodacious Bouquet, It's Your Birthday

Cardstock: Groovy Guava, Old Olive, Whisper White

Ink: Groovy Guava classic, Old Olive craft, Versamark

Other: Clear embossing powder, Groovy Guava double-stitched grosgrain ribbon

14 comments:

  1. Very refreshing color scheme. A great idea for utilizing the colors that don't come in Craft ink. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...I love this color combination! Isn't it great to be able to use Versamark to make any ink embossable?! Fabulous job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!!! Great colors. I need to use my guava ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent color choices and thanks for reminding us on how to emboss with classic!!! I keep forgetting about that trick! Excellent!...Now I need the guava ribbon. I have the rest of them....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and color combo. I forgot about versamark and ink for the colors we don't have in Craft ink--great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this color combination. Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Toni! I love that Groovy Guava!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Sweet card!!!! Clean and Simple and lovely colours!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Toni! What a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice!! I don't have this ink yet, but have loved seeing it used everywhere!! great job!!

    ReplyDelete